Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Knowledge Pool Scenarios » Post: Star-crossed Minotaurs - SILVER

Star-crossed Minotaurs - SILVER

July 11, 2014 06:08:26 PM

Brian Brown
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Patrick Cossel: I think the part you a missing is that the sentences after the colon only apply to a trigger that would have a visible effect or requires a choice. Since we don't use any kind of visible markers to indicate the minotaur currently has -1/-1 and is a 1/1, there is no need to acknowledge it until it is relevant.

July 15, 2014 08:22:31 AM

Patrick Cossel
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

USA - Northwest

Brian, yep I see that. I suspected that all along but since the player cast a spell I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

July 15, 2014 12:32:33 PM

Joshua Feingold
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

The majority consensus this week is that everything is fine. The trigger hasn't been missed. Nobody has committed any infractions. And, fortunately, that answer is entirely correct.

Missed Trigger is not and should not be considered as “Forgotten Trigger.” We appreciate Alan's honesty, but it has no bearing on our ruling.

For triggers that have no visible impact on the game state, acknowledgement is only required when that impact would become visible. For effects that modify power and toughness, that time is very often combat. However, combat does not necessarily reveal the current power and toughness of each creature. When that's the case, dealing combat damage does not automatically cause triggers to become missed.

Since the first visible impact of the Giant's original Constellation trigger occurs only when the second trigger causes Minotaur Skullcleaver to become 0/0, that's when Alan needs to acknowledge it, and he has done so.

Thanks to everyone for participating, and we'll be back tomorrow with a shiny new scenario to go with the shiny new IPG.