Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: WER and judges

WER and judges

Sept. 13, 2014 01:20:38 AM

Nenad Cizmic
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Europe - East

WER and judges

Hi,

Was there any change that I am not aware off that on FNM judges can't play at the same tournament???
My WER doesn't allow it any more to add a judge that is also a player on that tournament.

I have checked the tournament rules and it still stands the same:

Tournament officials may play in a DCI-sanctioned tournament for which they are a tournament official if (and only if) the tournament is of the following event types:
• Friday Night Magic
• Prerelease
• Launch Party
• Magic Game Day
• Other non-Premier Magic Tournaments
• Tournaments in which the official Wizards of the Coast tournament fact sheet specifically permits officials of that tournament to play

So, is it a known bug, or it is just on my WER??

Sept. 13, 2014 02:38:39 AM

Kim Warren
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

WER and judges

There has been no policy change. This sounds like a WER issue of some description.

Sept. 13, 2014 03:23:17 AM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

WER and judges

Kim is correct, this popped up a few weeks ago. There appear to be two solutions: either enter all judges as judges before enrolling then as players, or if you have already enrolled them and started the event, close and reopen WER and then attempt to enter them as a judge.

Sept. 16, 2014 02:45:31 AM

Nenad Cizmic

Europe - East

WER and judges

Thank you. I shall try that next time.

Sept. 16, 2014 02:46:36 AM

Nenad Cizmic

Europe - East

WER and judges

Thank you. I shall try that next time.

Oct. 31, 2014 11:43:19 PM

Trey Cizek
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

WER and judges

I posted a thread about this issue before I noticed that there was already this thread. I just wanted to validate that there hasn't been a change in policy and that I can judge and play in FNM or other regular REL events.

Nov. 1, 2014 09:13:06 AM

Nick Louzon
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Great Lakes

WER and judges

I talked to WOTC at Gen Con, and, at that time, it was a known issue with WER that they had on their to-do list to fix. I guess it has not been fixed. You need to enter yourself as a judge BEFORE entering yourself as a player for it to work.

Nov. 1, 2014 11:51:50 AM

Jack Doyle
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

WER and judges

Originally posted by Trey Cizek:

I posted a thread about this issue before I noticed that there was already this thread. I just wanted to validate that there hasn't been a change in policy and that I can judge and play in FNM or other regular REL events.

Kim Warren
There has been no policy change. This sounds like a WER issue of some description.

This hasn't changed :)

Edited Jack Doyle (Nov. 1, 2014 11:52:00 AM)

Nov. 5, 2014 11:12:52 AM

Michael Sell
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Midatlantic

WER and judges

I ran into this issue on Game Day, and I noticed that, while WER wouldn't allow me to enter myself as the Head Judge, it still allowed me to enter my DCI # on the “More Judges” screen and it seemed to be okay with that.

Maybe that's a workaround for now.