Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Article Discussion » Post: Keeping Floor Coverage Active and Player-Focused

Keeping Floor Coverage Active and Player-Focused

April 28, 2015 04:49:04 PM

Evan Cherry
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

This thread is for discussing the article Keeping Floor Coverage Active and Player-Focused by David Lyford-Smith.

Edited Evan Cherry (April 28, 2015 04:51:44 PM)

April 29, 2015 11:44:47 AM

Alexey Chernyshov
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - East

That's an awesome article, that helped me get some thoughts going.
What do you think about adding another item to “things to watch out for” section: players that are facing each other instead of looking into their hands or the table? I used to treat it as a sign of disagreement or even conflict, that probably needs judge's attention. There might be some cultural differences, but the point still stands.

April 29, 2015 07:57:25 PM

Evan Cherry
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

Originally posted by Alexey Chernyshov:

What do you think about adding another item to “things to watch out for” section: players that are facing each other instead of looking into their hands or the table? I used to treat it as a sign of disagreement or even conflict, that probably needs judge's attention. There might be some cultural differences, but the point still stands.

Hopefully DLS will chime in with his thoughts, but my 2 cents is that it might be a cultural thing. I think for the most part players don't make as much eye contact as they should, but I don't know if that constitutes something that would concern me.

Edited Evan Cherry (April 29, 2015 07:57:50 PM)