Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Personal Information Center is gone, where to?

Personal Information Center is gone, where to?

May 10, 2015 10:11:54 PM

Kenny Koornneef
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

BeNeLux

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but my search didn't find anything.
The Personal Information Center is gone, where do I find information on older tournaments that I organized/judged? Because in WER I can't get it come up either.

Thanks!

May 10, 2015 11:35:54 PM

Philip Wieland
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

German-speaking countries

Just ask your Wizards wpn representative. They can provide you with this Information.

May 11, 2015 11:13:05 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

A number of changes have been made, both visible (well, invisible is more like it, for the Personal Information Center) and behind the scenes. I'm sorry, but I probably can't get a definitive answer to your questions anytime soon (but I will ask).

d:^D

May 11, 2015 11:37:18 PM

Philip Wieland
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

German-speaking countries

I got my Information about the same topic by my wpn rep. today

May 13, 2015 09:46:56 AM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

Philip, it's usually stores that have WPN reps, not Judges so not really an easy option for most Judges.

Kenny, contact your RC, if it is important I'm sure they may be able to get the information from WotC somehow. If it is to confirm part of the L3 checklist, it's probably a good idea to keep track of your events yourself either in a diary or on a document. If you haven't got accurate information, but think you are close you hopefully can get that information from your RC.

May 13, 2015 01:41:08 PM

Evan Cherry
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

Originally posted by Mark Brown:

Kenny, contact your RC, if it is important I'm sure they may be able to get the information from WotC somehow. If it is to confirm part of the L3 checklist, it's probably a good idea to keep track of your events yourself either in a diary or on a document. If you haven't got accurate information, but think you are close you hopefully can get that information from your RC.

JudgeApps is really handy for keeping track of your events. It may not help you if you need pre-JudgeApps event dates, but going forward it'll be easy.

May 13, 2015 04:06:46 PM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

As Evan has mentioned, from judge point of view, it is best to keep track of it in JudgeApps. You can even create your own event history records (for all those small GPTs…). The upside is that the history can be seen not only by you but also by any other judges (e.g. judge managers of upcoming events). The downside is that it is a manual work which could have been done effectively by a simple SQL statement into the Wizards database…

From organizer's point of view, I personally keep track of my tournaments in an external file. That helps me to keep track of my progress in WPN levels and I can anticipate and mitigate any possible problems. For example, I could see that I would be missing the new players requirement in a few months so I would know I need to run some events/propositions for newcomers. It is already too late to do anything when you receive an e-mail from WPN that they lower your level (and support).

By the way, has there been any result/statement among high level judges regarding the possibilities to integrate judge statistics into planeswalkerpoints.com? I could see more features than just the current judge level achievements….