Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Recurring Publications & Blog Posts » Post: MTGScorekeeper.com -- Scorekeeping, WER, Tournament Operations, and Other Fun Stuff!

MTGScorekeeper.com -- Scorekeeping, WER, Tournament Operations, and Other Fun Stuff!

Sept. 13, 2015 07:17:36 AM

Jennifer Scott
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

USA - Midatlantic

MTGScorekeeper.com -- Scorekeeping, WER, Tournament Operations, and Other Fun Stuff!

Hi friends!

I made this thing:www.mtgscorekeeper.com!

I do quite a lot of scorekeeping at Opens and GPs, and I've learned a thing or two about WER and tournament operations that might help you out when you're working for your FLGS, or at large events. I also judge from time to time, and I'll be posting a conference report for next week's Mid-Atlantic Judge Conference there too!

My most recent creation is this post on scorekeeping Swiss side events at GPs, and it has some helpful tips to keep in mind when you're working side events.

I'm pretty bad at posting regularly (as you can tell from my blog post history…whoops!), but I'll let you know when the blog is updated by posting responses here. I have a few more tournament reports in the pipeline, and some tips-and-tricks style posts, but if there's anything you want to read about, send me a message and let me know!

–Jenn

Edited Jennifer Scott (Sept. 13, 2015 07:17:53 AM)

Sept. 18, 2015 04:30:08 PM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Here's a new post about match result slips just in time for this weekend's events.

Comments, other tips, or any kind of feedback in general is welcomed and encouraged.

Sept. 29, 2015 04:32:15 PM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Erik Aliff presented his seminar, Becoming a Better Teaching Judge, at last weekend's Mid-Atlantic Judge Conference. Check out the elements of this communication model and some extra communication resources.

Oct. 6, 2015 02:39:31 PM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Over the weekend, a few people asked for help with the top 8 of their Sealed PPTQs. Hopefully these tips will help you next time you're at one :)

Oct. 14, 2015 07:50:21 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

What do you take to events with you? I take a bunch of stuff, and I'm always looking for suggestions :D

Nov. 7, 2015 09:48:03 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Here's the part 2 of 3 on Richmond's Mid-Atlantic Judge Conference from September:

2015 Mid-Atlantic Judge Conference: Virginia is for Reviewers by Riki Hayashi

Dec. 10, 2015 08:38:05 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Last post from the September Judge Conference in Richmond, this one on Ryan Stapleton's seminar on teams :D

Dec. 15, 2015 02:40:57 PM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Jan. 5, 2016 10:50:40 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Here's a post about preparing for events.

Jan. 13, 2016 10:18:36 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

I judged a thing!

There are two parts to this report, Saturday and Sunday.

Jan. 23, 2016 01:37:32 PM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Re-pairing in WER, mostly as a fix for incorrect results. Look for another post about cascades in the future :D

Jan. 31, 2016 04:42:29 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

And here's the post about cascades :D

Feb. 3, 2016 07:07:07 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Feb. 10, 2016 09:18:36 AM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

John Brian talks about when you, as HJ, should fix results that players mis-reported.

Edited Jennifer Scott (Feb. 10, 2016 09:53:35 AM)

Feb. 16, 2016 12:43:54 PM

Jennifer Scott

USA - Midatlantic

Matt Braddock shared his experiences at the EE 5k Satellite in Baltimore with me :D