Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: WER can't create next round

WER can't create next round

Feb. 7, 2016 02:09:47 AM

Sebastian Pękala
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy))

Europe - Central

During top8 of PPTQ we're getting an error: “Round has not been completed. Connot eliminate players until all results are entered.” We've tried deleting top8 round, then re-creating it, but it didn't help - and we're now before top8, because of the same issue. All results were entered at every stage of tournament, and so far there were no problems. Has anyone encountered similar issue and/or has a solution for that? We've paired the top4 players manually and they're playing now, but we'll need to upload results somehow.

Feb. 7, 2016 02:17:20 AM

Nate Hurley
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

USA - South

Sometimes WER goes back and drops a pairing, even if it was correctly entered before. At a WMCQ where I was the SK, we saved the tournament after Swiss, but the next morning we had a different top 8. After a little bit of digging, we found that a result from round 5 had been deleted. Re-entering that result restored everything.

If this is what happened to you, go through each of the earlier rounds and double check that all matches are still recorded. If not, then I don't know what the problem is, but you should still be able to email the results to your WPN rep to have them upload it. That should be your last resort, though.

I hope this helps!

Feb. 7, 2016 02:23:31 AM

Sebastian Pękala
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy))

Europe - Central

It helped! Thank you very much, Nate! :)