Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Knowledge Pool Scenarios » Post: Sticky toppings can get messy - SILVER

Sticky toppings can get messy - SILVER

Feb. 18, 2016 09:25:47 AM

Mark Mc Govern
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), TLC

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

In the context of the IPG and applying fixes, a card is “known” if both players had knowledge of the card(s). For example if someone put a creature from the battlefield on top of the library, and then someone accidentally drew that creature. When only one player has seen the cards, those cards are not “known” enough for fixing.

Feb. 18, 2016 05:48:28 PM

Patrick Vorbroker
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

USA - Midatlantic

First and foremost, thank you everyone for taking the time to answer.

Pretty much every one who answered got it right. There was a little hidden trap in that you find out only at the end of the scenario that there were actually more than 2 cards in Anthony's hand. This was a lesson for us to be more clear but might as well be a lesson to you, dear reader, to pay attention to details.

And now, your answer:

Anthony gets a warning for HCE. Reveal Anthony's hand to Barnabus, Barnabus gets to choose a card that gets shuffled back into Anthony's deck, taking care to maintain the known state of the deck, ie at least one card on top that is known from the Top.

Feb. 19, 2016 04:18:17 AM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Originally posted by Patrick Vorbroker:

There was a little hidden trap in that you find out only at the end of the scenario that there were actually more than 2 cards in Anthony's hand. This was a lesson for us to be more clear but might as well be a lesson to you, dear reader, to pay attention to details.

Big thanks to everyone on the Knowledge Pool team.

Actually, my opinion on the phrasing of this particular scenario is quite positive. It captures the feel of a real life judge call better than the usual wording of KP scenarios. I would definitely suggest to continue in the trend, if it was my decision.

Feb. 19, 2016 08:53:19 AM

Mike Combs
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - North

Originally posted by Milan Majerčík:

Patrick Vorbroker
Originally posted by Patrick Vorbroker:

There was a little hidden trap in that you find out only at the end of the scenario that there were actually more than 2 cards in Anthony's hand. This was a lesson for us to be more clear but might as well be a lesson to you, dear reader, to pay attention to details.

Big thanks to everyone on the Knowledge Pool team.

Actually, my opinion on the phrasing of this particular scenario is quite positive. It captures the feel of a real life judge call better than the usual wording of KP scenarios. I would definitely suggest to continue in the trend, if it was my decision.
I agree with Milan completely. A huge part of many investigations is first determining if cards have actually been drawn or not. This scenario is resolved differently if those there are no other cards in hand or if they have yet to touch the hand. This scenario shows how important it is to investigate to determine whether cards were drawn and not simply go by the terms the players use.