Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Rtools Installation

Rtools Installation

Feb. 20, 2016 12:15:02 PM

Joshua Hawks
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

Rtools Installation

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to install Rtools on our store PC, but when I point Rtools to use WER it asks for an event location. I looked at the wiki, and it tells me I may need to point it to an active tournament. I made an event and started it, but have no idea what it's looking for. Any assistance is appreciated!

I'm on Windows 10, and have up to date Java.

Thanks!

Feb. 20, 2016 12:45:43 PM

Jordan Baker
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper

USA - North

Rtools Installation

If you selected “Wizards Event Reporter”, it should be searching in the location of WER's database (C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter\TournamentData.dat) for tournaments. If that file has not yet been created – i.e. if WER hasn't been installed or run on that particular machine – then it can ask for the location of the file, just because it doesn't see it.

If that isn't the problem, point RTools to the particular location on your computer of that TournamentData.dat file. You may need to make hidden folders visible in order to reach this location, or to find the file.

If you are still having issues, please email me directly, (shizu@bradleyjx.net) and I should be able to help more efficiently that way.