Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Regular REL » Post: Proxies in Regular

Proxies in Regular

March 24, 2016 05:05:43 AM

Maxime Hoube
Judge (Uncertified)

France

Proxies in Regular

Hi fellow judges,

I'm wondering what is the exact policy about using proxies during a Regular event ?

For instance, a FNM with a construct format like Modern.

March 24, 2016 05:09:03 AM

Brian Schenck
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Proxies in Regular

Originally posted by Maxime Hoube:

Hi fellow judges,

I'm wondering what is the exact policy about using proxies during a Regular event ?

For instance, a FNM with a construct format like Modern.

I'm pretty sure the blanket answer is “No” for any sanctioned event. As FNM is a sanctioned event, then players must use actual Magic cards for that event as per MTR 3.3. (Proxies being reserved for situations as per MTR 3.4.)

March 24, 2016 05:12:51 AM

Maxime Hoube
Judge (Uncertified)

France

Proxies in Regular

Originally posted by Brian Schenck:

I'm pretty sure the blanket answer is “No” for any sanctioned event. As FNM is a sanctioned event, then players must use actual Magic cards for that event as per MTR 3.3. (Proxies being reserved for situations as per MTR 3.4.)

I wasn't sure that part also applied to Regular event, and I found nothing in the JAR about it, but thanks for the clear and quick answer.

March 24, 2016 05:16:54 AM

Dustin De Leeuw
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), L3 Panel Lead, Tournament Organizer

BeNeLux

Proxies in Regular

The MTR applies at every sanctioned event, no matter the REL. In the JAR we also don't explicitly mention that the Comprehensive Rules apply ;) The only difference between Regular and Competitive is wether we use the JAR or the MIPG.

March 24, 2016 12:15:49 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Proxies in Regular

Just coming along in an ‘O’fficial capacity, obviously WAY TOO SLOWLY, to confirm what others have said.

Wizards of the Coast is - and should be - adamant that proxies may never be allowed in a sanctioned event.

d:^D