Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Article Discussion » Post: Writing L2 Recommendations

Writing L2 Recommendations

March 30, 2016 01:15:06 AM

Evan Cherry
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

This thread is for discussing the article Writing L2 Recommendations by Joshua Feingold.

March 30, 2016 12:03:26 PM

David Shor
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Europe - East

This is a really good article, well written and well thought out, I'd definitely use the tips and advice this article provides when someone will ask me to recommend them for L2.
Thanks Joshua Feingold for a great article!

April 14, 2016 02:37:33 PM

Joshua Feingold
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Now that the L2 redefinition has gone live, I want to briefly talk about those changes.

It is still the case that each of the qualities I mention in the article is relevant to an L2 candidate. However, Logistics and Tournament Operations and Rules & Policy Knowledge are now the only categories where I am looking for showstoppers. The other three qualities are still important for the development of an L2 judge, and I will want to talk about these as strengths or areas for improvement in my interview review of an advancing candidate, but the requisite level for a new L2 is extremely low.

June 4, 2016 10:22:57 AM

George Gavrilita
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), TLC

Europe - East

Hello Joshua,

Thanks for the clarification, it just solved a dilemma I had about a candidate. I found the article very helpful, and I hope you don't mind me sharing some details that can make it flawless :)

Teamwork and Diplomacy

“Jane is easy to work with and has a great rapport with players. She has a good relationship with several with all the local stores and has helped out as a floor judge for 3 of them."

Some repetition several/all.

Development of Other Judges

Update with NNWO requirements (two reviews, everywhere article/tournament/conference report is game)

Logistics

NNWO - now 1 multiple judges event instead of 3

Cheers!

June 6, 2016 08:37:07 PM

Evan Cherry
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

Updated, thank you George!