Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Submitting multiformat event

Submitting multiformat event

April 27, 2016 05:11:02 AM

Aleksey Varaksin
Judge (Uncertified)

Russia and Russian-speaking countries

Good afternoon.

We are going to host multiformat event in august (3 rounds Standart + 3 rounds Draft + Top8 Standart)
Is there a possibility to schedule such event in WER? I've read about DCI-R, but as I know we have no possibility to report events with this tool.

Thanks for any help

April 27, 2016 06:26:16 AM

Mark Mc Govern
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), TLC

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

The topic has come up before, and the answer was that you can't. The best you can do is sanction it as a casual constructed event and submit that way, but the players won't get yearly PWP for that. Just a single lifetime point. It'll still allow you to run it , but you may have to manually pair the draft rounds.

April 27, 2016 08:28:46 AM

Jordan Baker
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper

USA - North

Previous discussion on this type of topic was had here.

I'd experiment with a dummy tournament for this first, but I think if you run the entire event as a Booster Draft, you can get this to work in WER. Your first three rounds are one pod, where cross-pod pairings are allowed, (and you ignore the draft pods from a player-communication perspective) and your final three rounds are another pod, where cross-pod pairings are not allowed. Then you do a Top 8 cut with a bracket based on standings.

Note that I would contact your local WPN rep if you wish this to be sanctioned, so that you know whether they would prefer this multi-format tournament to be run as Casual Constructed or Casual Limited.

April 29, 2016 06:01:44 AM

Aleksey Varaksin
Judge (Uncertified)

Russia and Russian-speaking countries

Thank You all for your response