Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Judge outfit - shoes

Judge outfit - shoes

July 5, 2016 11:26:43 AM

Mitchell Nitz
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - South

Judge outfit - shoes

As someone who is a food service professional, I constantly buy shoes from Shoes for Crews to use for judging. A little more expensive than some, but that last forever if you are only using them for judging. Their average wear and tear lasts about 6 months on an average 4-5 day workweek in a restaurant. That would be a lot longer for only a couple weekends a month.

July 5, 2016 11:51:32 AM

Martha Lufkin
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Midatlantic

Judge outfit - shoes

Fila also makes an all-black shoe which I find very comfortable:
http://www.jcpenney.com/fila-memory-workshift-slip-resistant-composite-toe-mens-work-shoes/prod.jump?ppId=pp5007340026&catId=cat100590175&deptId=dept20000018&N=1326&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0426201617052760M.TIF&urlState=/shoes/shop-brands/view-all-brands/fila/_/N-1nvzvjZ10u/cat.jump?cm_mmc=bing+non-brand-_-m_bn_fila_footwear-_-m_fila_shoes_bmod-_-fila+shoes&utm_campaign=m_bn_fila_footwear&utm_content=m_fila_shoes_bmod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_term=+fila++shoes

(that's the link for the men's version).

But I don't like buying shoes without trying them on, so if there's some white on the shoes that you can try on and they fit and are comfortable, buy them. As others have said the point is to be comfortable and create a professional appearance.