Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Test Printing Issue

Test Printing Issue

Sept. 11, 2013 07:56:23 PM

Amanda Swager
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

Test Printing Issue

Good evening,

I am trying to print an L1 exam on judge center. I have tried at 3 different locations, and I am having the same issue. When I try and print, the 1st page comes out, and nothing else does, although it is set to print all. Anyone else run into this issue or have a fix? I really want to get a few judge candidates tested, and this is preventing that :)

Sept. 11, 2013 08:20:53 PM

Kenji Suzuki
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Japan

Test Printing Issue

Sometimes following Javascript fix printing problem.
(After showing exam, enter following source directly in address bar if you use IE)

javascript:document.getElementById('_ucExamGrid_QuestionsDataList').style.display = '';void(0);

Please try this :)

Sept. 11, 2013 08:22:29 PM

Kevin Binswanger
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

Test Printing Issue

There is a wiki section devoted to this, you may find this helpful:
http://wiki.magicjudges.org/en/w/Certification#Known_issues_with_some_web_browsers
:

Sept. 11, 2013 08:23:16 PM

Brian Schenck
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Test Printing Issue

I created the following thread in the Community Corner forum…

http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/1766/

…and sometimes it is just a question of which browser are you using? The Judge Center seems to be most compatible with IE still, and less so with Chrome or Firefox. So, check that first. Other times, you can adjust the page breaks in the print settings for the browser, and making sure the margins and/or zoom are set accordingly.

The more time consuming work around is to copy and past into a program like Word, and then print from there. But, getting the document correctly formatted can be more trouble than its worth. Far better if you have a single generic exam you are using, rather than personalized exams.

But start with your browser first and work from there.

Sept. 11, 2013 08:24:35 PM

Gareth Pye
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Ringwood, Australia

Test Printing Issue

Tools I try when attempting to print exams:
Variety of browsers
Print to pdf
Cut and paste to document editor (LibreOffice gets a reasonably good formatting this way)

Sept. 11, 2013 09:58:59 PM

Amanda Swager
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

Test Printing Issue

Thank You all.

I.E. Fixed the problem. Realized problem started at the store when they switched to Firefox