Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Round robin software

Round robin software

Feb. 24, 2020 09:28:54 AM

Isaac King
Judge (Uncertified)

Barriere, Canada

Round robin software

I made a simple program for running round robin events. Let me know if it can be improved in any way.

http://dorcishlibrarian.net/round-robin/

Feb. 24, 2020 04:46:32 PM

Ignacio Santiago Ortega Martínez
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Iberia

Round robin software

This is handy :)
My grain of sand on improvements:
-Make the results input in a table or something so it gets aligned.
-When entering results for a player B, if you already entered the results for their match with player A, make it more noticeable, or add a warning if you're changing the results, or order the already entered matches so they are at the bottom.
If you're “tabbing” your way thru the results, jump to the next player once you finish with the current player's result.

Feb. 24, 2020 09:42:17 PM

Isaac King
Judge (Uncertified)

Barriere, Canada

Round robin software

Thanks for the suggestions!

Originally posted by Ignacio Santiago Ortega Martínez:

Make the results input in a table or something so it gets aligned.

Whoops, it was already supposed to be aligned, I guess I broke something right before I posted this. Should be fixed now.

When entering results for a player B, if you already entered the results for their match with player A, make it more noticeable, or add a warning if you're changing the results, or order the already entered matches so they are at the bottom.

What would be a good way to indicate this? It already turns the name to green if the result has been entered, is another indicator necessary?

If you're “tabbing” your way thru the results, jump to the next player once you finish with the current player's result.

This is an interesting idea, but what determines who the “next player” is? Entering a result may change the order they're displayed on the screen.

Feb. 27, 2020 09:27:59 AM

Iberia

Round robin software

What would be a good way to indicate this? It already turns the name to green if the result has been entered, is another indicator necessary?
Bold the names, or put an star or check mark. At least, in my screen the green was barely noticeable from the black. Or maybe I should go to an eye doctor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is an interesting idea, but what determines who the “next player” is? Entering a result may change the order they're displayed on the screen.
The one with the least matches entered or the one closest to have all their matches entered.

Feb. 27, 2020 08:16:06 PM

Isaac King
Judge (Uncertified)

Barriere, Canada

Round robin software

This should work now, it takes you to the next player that has an unentered result in an arbitrary order. This was a really good idea, thank you. :)

Feb. 28, 2020 09:39:13 AM

Iberia

Round robin software

Great! :D