Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: QOL for WER Updater

QOL for WER Updater

Feb. 16, 2016 11:47:56 AM

Jonathan Pham
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

QOL for WER Updater

For the past few weeks, WER has been asking to run the updater. I hit yes, then a window pops up with release notes, a progress bar on the bottom, and a grayed out button saying Update and Relaunch. Until today, I had no indication that anything was happening, so after a few minutes, I would just close the window and WER would launch normally, but with the previous version. Today I found out that my store's internet connection was just a tad slower than the few minutes I was giving the update window so it was downloading updates, but I didn't know.

I would like to request that a “downloading updates” text or graphic be displayed on this window during the downloading operation.

Also, after updating, a window prompting me to update Window's .NET framework is displayed. At the top it says click the close button to finish installation, but when I click close, Reporter.exe is not created. When I hit the launch button, Reporter.exe IS created and I can continue to WER. It may be useful to have some text that says click launch to launch WER and click close cancel the install, unless this was an unintended error. Or just have the buttons say Launch WER, and Cancel Install, or something like that.

Feb. 16, 2016 08:21:11 PM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

QOL for WER Updater

This really isn't the forum for bug reports or feature requests for WER. You need to contact support using the Support tab here - http://wpn.wizards.com/en/wer

Feb. 16, 2016 10:11:48 PM

Gregory Farias
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

Brazil

QOL for WER Updater

Originally posted by Jonathan Pham:

For the past few weeks, WER has been asking to run the updater

Go to the WER page and download it again.

Feb. 17, 2016 03:31:02 PM

Jonathan Pham
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

QOL for WER Updater

Mark, thanks for the information. I will contact support when I can.

Gregory, I've already fully updated WER. The intent of my post was to see if more information can be displayed while the updater is running, not to ask for help in getting it set up.