Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Do you still need DCI Reporter for Multi-Format events?

Do you still need DCI Reporter for Multi-Format events?

Nov. 26, 2014 04:44:17 PM

Deric Slabberts
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Hello all

We have a multi-format event coming up, and I was wondering if you still need to use DCI Reporter like
we used to do for events such as Nationals, or can we now use Event Reporter?
(I don't see any mention of it in the updates / features for WER)

I ask since last year I believe we still had to use DCI Reporter.

Thanks

Nov. 26, 2014 04:50:59 PM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

Despite the fact that DCIR has been unsupported for anything smaller than a PT/GP/SCG Open for a quite long time, it seems people have still been using it for some scattered events. Accordingly, a few months ago in this very forum, Andy Heckt announced that DCIR could not be used for any event smaller than 400 players, and anyone attempting to report an event with it would have to re-create the event in WER. Presumably entities like SCG who routinely use DCIR had to specifically get clearance from Wizards to do so, and I'd certainly recommend that you do the same if you feel that it is necessary. For reference, the thread is http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/12665/

If I'm not mistaken, it is possible in WER to pair three rounds according to draft pods and then pair later rounds according to full swiss pairings. However, I've never actually tried it.

Nov. 26, 2014 06:25:12 PM

Deric Slabberts
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Thanks for the reply Dan, I will look into that.