Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Project Recruitment & Help Wanted » Post: Project looking for volunteers: List of Official Rulings

Project looking for volunteers: List of Official Rulings

March 24, 2015 01:53:34 PM

Petr Hudeček
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - Central

For this project, I am looking for judges to help me search through the archives and create a list of (O)fficial rulings, mainly related to Competitive REL policy, but also concerning Regular REL or, in special cases, even individual cards.

I'll quote the project description in here:
Some Competitive REL threads on the JudgeApps forums are without official answers and many contain long discussions. It is likely judges could make better and more consistent rulings if they knew official answers to some problems. It is true that we are judges and are supposed to use judgement, yet for many questions, there is a single correct answer - it's just really hard to figure it out on one's own.

This project aims to make a list of official policy rulings (given by Scott Marshall on the JudgeApps Competitive REL forum, given on judge blogs, given by high level judges in tournament reports and perhaps elsewhere). Judges can use this list similarly to the way Annotated IPG is used.

This list will be created on the judge wiki, at this page: List of Official Rulings. Each ruling must have a link to the appropriate thread on JudgeApps forums (or to another authoritative source). The linked page also contains examples of rulings and additional details on how this will work. Most notably, the list will be editable by everyone so that anyone can correct errors. However, it will also be regularly checked by high level judges so that correctness is ensured.

There is a huge backlog of official rulings that should be added to the list. The Competitive REL forum exists for quite a while and before then, official rulings were given via the DCIJUDGE-L mailing list. In addition, some judge blogs and some tournament reports also contain official rulings that should be consolidated in this page. With this, your help is needed.

Most of the rulings will come from Scott Marshall. He is aware of this judge project and will contribute by reviewing rulings but we must first search through the (extensive) archives to actually locate these rulings and put them on the wiki. If you want to help with this, I would very much appreciate it - please send me an e-mail.
If contributing to this kind of resource interests you, please send me an e-mail.

This project is open and even non-members are able to contribute. But if you're willing to contribute regularly or at least in the beginning with the backlog, it would be better to become officially a member of the project.

March 24, 2015 02:40:32 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

I'll save y'all just a bit of work - you can ignore stuff from the days of DCIJUDGE-L. That server is now dead, so those archives are inaccessible. But even more relevant - stuff that's that old isn't. (Relevant, that is.)

d:^D

March 24, 2015 02:54:21 PM

Dominik Chłobowski
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Canada

Gmail probably begs to differ on the inaccessibility (although probably not
on the irrelevancy). >___>

2015-03-24 14:41 GMT-04:00 Scott Marshall <