Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Thoughts On the Wizards Event Reporter Software

Thoughts On the Wizards Event Reporter Software

Nov. 19, 2012 05:23:11 PM

Benjemin Harris
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northwest

This past Friday, I had a lot of problems with the Wizards Event Reporting Software that finally made me fed up with it. There were 4 different people that I had distinctly added to the event who were not listed in the event once I had begun the event. I wrote down every match's result and checked them against the computer at the end of each round for accuracy, yet at the beginning of each round, there were people who had been mispaired.
Am I the only person having these sorts of issues? I'm getting ready to write an email to Wizards about it, and I also wanted to see if there were other issues happening in other places. I'm also looking for suggestions for improvements. For example, I've heard it suggested that finding some way to send pairings to some source where they can be checked via mobile device would be excellent for time saving purposes.

Thanks guys!

-Ben Harris

Nov. 19, 2012 05:30:10 PM

Adam Zakreski
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

You should probably post this in a real forum so it gets some attention. I don't think this test forum is for real discussion.

And yes, WER is a PITA.

Nov. 20, 2012 01:09:33 AM

Kim Warren
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Moved to judging technology for you :)

Nov. 22, 2012 07:54:49 AM

Jasper Overman
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper

BeNeLux

There is a seperate forum for WER issues:
http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75874/135658/DCI_Reporter_Software

If you have more detailed information (which you seem to have) you can also enter a more elaborate issue report from:
http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/ask
You can attach your .Dat file containing your tournament history so the fine programmers can troubleshoot the issue.

Yes, it's some work to enter such an incident report, but without the information from us, the development team doesn't know what the issues are, and therefore can't address them.

Edited Jasper Overman (Nov. 22, 2012 07:55:39 AM)