Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: Replacing a player

Replacing a player

June 28, 2015 01:49:50 AM

Mitja Bosnic
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Europe - East

Replacing a player

I entered the wrong player into a tournament (same surname, wrong first name). How can I replace them easiest?

June 28, 2015 01:58:25 AM

Mitja Bosnic

Europe - East

Replacing a player

I just dropped the first player and entered the second, I guess that was the easiest. :)

June 28, 2015 02:10:04 AM

Thomas Ralph
Judge (Level 3 (UK Magic Officials)), Scorekeeper

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Replacing a player

For future reference or if this was not possible because you only found the error after some rounds had been paired, the most useful way to accomplish this edit on WER is to export the tournament to XML, open it in your favourite word processing program and use a find/replace to amend the offending entries (but probably without using a Replace All especially if it's a common name!)

I'll mention also that while it may be good customer service in your local store to keep track of players' DCI numbers so they don't have to remember or quote them to register, it's less good for the players who go to play at another store or a GP without their DCI numbers, not to mention problematic for the scorekeepers there. Please get your players to store their DCI numbers in their cellphones, as a contact called DCI Number!

June 28, 2015 04:08:47 AM

Mitja Bosnic

Europe - East

Replacing a player

That's a good idea! The problem is they did give me the DCI number, but it was the wrong one. Anyway, thanks for the help!

June 28, 2015 04:08:48 AM

Mitja Bosnic

Europe - East

Replacing a player

That's a good idea! The problem is they did give me the DCI number, but it was the wrong one. Anyway, thanks for the help!