Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Recurring Publications & Blog Posts » Post: Judge Contests

Judge Contests

Nov. 20, 2012 08:58:50 PM

David de la Iglesia
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - East

Judge Contests

Posting on behalf on Steven Briggs, who has had problems making his posts get through:

It is my pleasure to announce the beginning of a new initiative in the Judge Program that highlights who we are and what we do. This new initiative will give every judge an opportunity to participate, and through participation judges will have the opportunity to earn lovely, shiny, awesome Judge Foils. This new aspect is called Judge Contests! Each contest, which we will hold periodically throughout the year, will have a different theme or idea centered around it. All you have to do is submit your entry to judgecontests@gmail.com, and we will take care of the rest. We really hope you have lots of fun participating, and with that comes our first Judge Contest:

We want to see pictures of your Friday Night Magic Community, including the Magic Judge card in your picture. If you have misplaced your card, feel free to use the Magic Judge logo or your printable Judge badge in your picture, but we want to see either the logo, your card, or your badge in the picture. You can print your “judge badge” in the Personal Information section of the Judge Center. Submit your best photo (one photo, 1MB maximum size) to judgecontests@gmail.com, and watch for your photo to be posted on the Magic Judges Facebook page. This contest will end on December 17th, with winners announced shortly after, and some sweet bling (Judge Foils) for the best photos! Happy holidays!

Good luck judges, and let the zany, awesome FNM pictures begin!

Steven Briggs
Regional Coordinator, USA-Midwest
http://wiki.internationalmagicjudges.net/index.php?title=Judge_Wiki:Judge_Contests

Nov. 21, 2012 12:15:45 AM

Elliot Van Wormer
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northwest

Judge Contests

Still waiting for my level to be updated in Judges Center so I can print out my certification so I can take a pic and enter this awesome contest!

Nov. 21, 2012 02:08:40 AM

Gareth Tanner
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Judge Contests

I love this idea! Just unfortunate that it has come out just as I have had to move away from my FNM scene but good luck to everyone who takes part and I look forward to seeing some awesome pictures

Nov. 21, 2012 04:30:02 PM

Steven Briggs
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

Judge Contests

I hope you get very creative and have lots of fun with this contest! Please submit your photos to judgecontests@gmail.com, and please keep the size of the photo to around 1 MB if possible. Good luck!

Nov. 21, 2012 04:43:52 PM

Josh Stansfield
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

Judge Contests

So you want us to take pictures with a Nokia phone from 2001?? :P

Nov. 21, 2012 05:20:40 PM

Adam Zakreski
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

Judge Contests

Originally posted by Josh Stansfield:

So you want us to take pictures with a Nokia phone from 2001?? :P

I just lolled so hard at that :P

Dec. 5, 2012 08:53:32 AM

Steven Briggs
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

Judge Contests

We still have a couple of weeks in the first Judge Contest - the FNM Photo Contest! Give us a snapshot of you judging with your FNM community for the chance to win some awesome judge foils. Remember that the photo MUST contain your FNM players AND the Magic Judge card, logo, or badge. Please submit all photos to judgecontests@gmail.com. This first contest ends December 17th, so don't delay - submit a terrific photo and win!

Dec. 5, 2012 01:50:09 PM

Brian Perry Jr.
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Great Lakes

Judge Contests

I have to find a program to compress the pics I took as my camera takes like 2.65mb pics by default XD

Dec. 5, 2012 02:02:40 PM

Carlos Ho
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Grand Prix Head Judge, Regional Coordinator (Hispanic America - North), L3 Panel Lead

Hispanic America - North

Judge Contests

If resizing is too cumbersome, feel free to email your pictures as you have them. We'll take care of it!

May 10, 2013 03:22:26 AM

Carlos Ho
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Grand Prix Head Judge, Regional Coordinator (Hispanic America - North), L3 Panel Lead

Hispanic America - North

Judge Contests

After an hiatus, we're back in force with another Judge Contest!
It's another photo contest, with the theme “judges at local landmarks”. For more details on how you can participate, and if you want to ask any questions about it, visit this thread:
http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/4157

Sept. 17, 2013 06:18:22 PM

Stephan Classen
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northwest

Judge Contests

Judges, we'd just like to announce our Landmark contest winners before we move onto the MOJO contest! So, without further explanation, you can see our contest winners here: http://blogs.magicjudges.org/contests/2013/09/17/landmark-contest-winners/

Thank you all again for entering, you can see the full album of judges from around the world on the facebook page!

See you in a little, for our MOJO contest entries!

Oct. 8, 2013 04:48:59 PM

Iva Kleiner
Judge (Uncertified)

Judge Contests

Dear Judges!

We know that you're all eager to find out who won the three MOJO photo contest categories, so here they are - our winners:
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/contests/2013/10/08/mojo-2013-winners/

Thanks for participating and stay tuned for a new, spooooooky contest, coming soon!
Best regards,
the Judge Contests Team

Oct. 21, 2013 04:09:57 AM

Iva Kleiner
Judge (Uncertified)

Judge Contests

Dear Judges!

It is time for our new, Halloween contest!
Read all about it here:
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/contests/2013/10/21/halloween-contest/

Show us what you got! :)

Dec. 9, 2013 01:26:30 PM

Iva Kleiner
Judge (Uncertified)

Judge Contests

Greetings Judges!

Yet another successful contest is behind us! Find out who won the two categories in our Halloween contest:
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/contests/2013/12/08/halloween-contest-winners/

Congratulations to the masked judges and be on the lookout for future contests, coming soon.
Thanks again for participating and see you soon!

Best regards,
the Judge Contests Team

Dec. 30, 2013 01:26:28 AM

Iva Kleiner
Judge (Uncertified)

Judge Contests

Dear Judges!
We'd like to welcome you to the last Judge Contest this year!
As our New Year's resolution we decided to go multimedia! What about you? Tell us, show us, sing us or draw us your judge resolutions!
The three most creative ones will be awarded a nice shiny prize.

More information:
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/contests/2013/12/30/i-resolve

Wishing you a happy New Year,
the Judge Contests team

Edited David de la Iglesia (Dec. 30, 2013 06:45:38 AM)