Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: double draft reporting in WER

double draft reporting in WER

Nov. 30, 2012 08:29:12 AM

Floris R. De Haan
Judge (Uncertified)

BeNeLux

Hi,

I'm running a double booster draft tournament this weekend using WER. Is it possible to use a single booster draft tournaments and make pods twice? Can/will players be paired against each other twice (in the first and in the second pod). Can anyone help me out and tell me how to create new pods after 3 rounds?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

kind regards,
Floris de Haan

Nov. 30, 2012 03:00:11 PM

Daniel Regewitz
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

Using WER, it is possible to manually put players into pods, and pair rounds.

So if I were faced with the prospect of running 2 sequential drafts using only 1 event I might try running the first draft on paper, and then when the second draft starts enroll the remaining players, make sure the pods are set right, and then enter the results from the first draft as the second draft plays out.

Instead of ‘on paper’ you might also run the first draft as an unsanctioned event then use that info to fill in the match results as you run the second draft.

If the two drafts are playing out at the same time, then WER is capable of setting up multiple pods in a single draft (I regularly run 2 pod drafts every launch party weekend). WER should also pair players within their pod.

Usually players are not paired against the same opponent more than once, unless your running more rounds than you have to. It may occur (but isn't likely) if your running 5 rounds of swiss with 9ish players for example.

Edited Daniel Regewitz (Nov. 30, 2012 03:02:27 PM)

Dec. 1, 2012 02:16:52 PM

David Záleský
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - Central

Running Double draft in WER is really simple. After the 3rd round just use “create new pods” option.

Dec. 2, 2012 08:50:36 PM

Nicolas Jathe
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

German-speaking countries

Is it possible to print standings per pod? I did not find any option or button for that. Normally i print the hole standings and cross out all players which are not in the pod. That works, but it looks unsightly and take some time which can easily be saved.

Maybe we should open a feedback threat for WER?

Dec. 3, 2012 02:25:22 AM

Floris R. De Haan
Judge (Uncertified)

BeNeLux

Thanks for the feedback all, the tournament went well. Creating new pods after 3 rounds worked and apparently it is now possible to pair the same players twice in a swiss tournaments (in the first pod and in the second pod).