Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Certification Renewal

Certification Renewal

Dec. 23, 2012 11:29:27 AM

Martin Koehler
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

German-speaking countries

Certification Renewal

Hello,

the Judge Center says to me: Your judge certification expires in 37 days. and I got some time ago a mail from dci automailer saying:

Each year every DCI Judge needs to renew and actively judge events (based on level).
Failure to do either can result in your judge membership expiring on 2013-01-29(for
Membership Number 1203820460).

Renewal is a simple process; judge a sanctioned event and have the organizer report it
To be honest, I doubt that the last sentence will actualy work because, well, I judged quite a few sanctioned events this year (and yes, I was entered as a judge) - I recieved this mail while judging at GP Lisbon :)

Taking the Renew-Exam that the judge center suggest is no big deal, but I'm wondering about this. Is anyone else experience this?

Martin Köhler
L2, Germany

Dec. 23, 2012 11:32:24 AM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Certification Renewal

Martin - sounds like something that the folks at Wizards will need to look at … and they're enjoying (we hope!) their holidays, out of the office until 2013.

I recommend an e-mail to Eric.Sorenson@wizards.com, and then patience (while waiting for him to catch up, post-holidays).

d:^D

Dec. 23, 2012 12:15:11 PM

Martin Koehler

Certification Renewal

Done (I contacted Eric.Sorensen@wizards.com instead :)) I have time and I'm in no hurry.

Martin Köhler

Dec. 23, 2012 04:03:15 PM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

Certification Renewal

Martin, you should check what software the events you've judged have been using. GPs use DCI Reporter and I have a feeling/memory that DCI Reporter doesn't report judges. Non GP/PT events shouldn't be using DCI Reporter anymore but some TOs don't like change and if they had access to DCI Reporter then this could explain why you haven't been auto-renewed.

Dec. 23, 2012 04:35:05 PM

Martin Koehler

Certification Renewal

I have done enougt events also with the WER :) I'm very sure of that because many (but not all!) of them were run on my computer so I'm confident that I was entered. Secondly, there would be some events invalided if I was not entered as a Judge (HJ GPT).