Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Not Peeple (but judge reviews)

Not Peeple (but judge reviews)

March 7, 2016 01:01:50 PM

Kenny Koornneef
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

BeNeLux

I just read something about a new app where people can review other people, which sounds awful in itself. But then I thought of judge reviews, and I was like, why doesn't something like this exist?!

It makes so much to have an app that helps with writing reviews. Now I'm not a programmer but I hope this can get something started. When I think about it, it doesn't seem too hard. All you need are some radio buttons which don't do anything, and some text boxes. The information does need to be stored locally of course.
Added features like notes would be nice. Judge look up by dci or something is also nice.

I'm kind of rambling here, sorry for that, but I hope it makes enough sense to get something started.

March 7, 2016 01:10:52 PM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

I've tried, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

What about this app would help with writing reviews? We've had Judge Center
for ages, which includes plenty of text boxes and allows judge lookup by
DCI number, and drafting reviews locally is easy to accomplish with Notepad
or an email draft.

What is the value added in “some radio buttons which don't do anything”?
What is “features like notes”?

What will your “app” do that we can't currently do, and how will it
accomplish that?

March 7, 2016 01:46:10 PM

Kenny Koornneef
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

BeNeLux

I was talking about a phone app. Most of us already carry around a smartphone with the judge core app, why not extent that with a review ability?

The thing is that all the review areas and other things to fill in with a review are not that visible when you're using a paper notebook. And once we get home from a GP our impressions have already become muddled somewhat.
Having an app where you can already fill everything in and/or make notes on different judges would make things a lot easier, I think.

If it was then possible to upload directly from the app that would be completely awesome, but I imagine that being a lot harder with the current judge center.