Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: GP Information Checklist

GP Information Checklist

May 11, 2016 07:12:14 AM

Aymeric Labatut
Judge (Uncertified)

France

GP Information Checklist

Hello everyone

A couple months ago I went to my first GP in Paris. Since I am only level 1 i didn't get a spot in the judging team but got one in the Admin staff in the info desk team.

Being new, I figured that all the informations I would need would be given to me, and that's how i ended up in front of the doors with no idea what the players would ask and what i would answer.
I then started to write every question in order to ask for the answer as soon as I could see someone in charge. And during the course of the weekend, this list started to pile up with everything players, judges and staff would ask.

Since I had felt that the info desk was kind of on its own during the weekend, I decided to compile everything into a “info desk checklist” for the TO, in order for him to know what is needed for future events.
But when I did, I realised that this may actually be more of a “GP information checklist”, since most of the information needed by the info desk is indeed needed by someone else, and because judges and staff are also looking for some of this.

Once finished, the goal is to provide it for GP TO's, in order to give them a solid core of the information needed by their staff.

What I am looking for in a first time is feedback about the document itself :
  • Is there something you feel could be added ?
    Do you have any advice on the form of the document ? (colors, sub-themes,…)

At the moment, the document is not particularly friendly, as I would like to complete it before finishing the formatting.

I would also like to know if you had any idea about how it could be provided to the TO's. I was thinking about giving it to my RC since he may know better, but there might be a better way.

You can find the document here : GP Information checklist

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Edited Aymeric Labatut (May 11, 2016 07:12:41 AM)

May 11, 2016 07:53:34 AM

Cristóbal Vigar Guerrero
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

Iberia

GP Information Checklist

First thing, divide the information a little bit more, try to arrange by kind, for instance, information that you going to need inside the venue, information outside.

Second, there's information that the judges should know already if they're at least as stand by to the event, there's a large forum where their information is published if not, they can ask in the forum or try to talk the judge manager who is in charge of their care.

Some of the questions are information that the logistic guy in charge can answer you, so have their information at hand can be useful.

Try to separate the particular site questions from the general GP questions (e.g. some questions that work very good in Paris maybe doesn't work in Madrid)

One more method to separate the questions is thinking who can help you with that information so you can separate them in roles.

For instance.
Information about opening and close of venue, format, player shows up, address of venue, etc, can be found in the GP web page.
Information on emergency exits, location of medics, services that offer the own venue, and nearby information can be gathered from guards and venue staff.
Information about the main tournament can be asked to the HJ or red shirt judges.
Information about side events in side events area. (Tournaments that would be run during the day, quantity of player to each tournament, prices)
And so on.

I hope this can be useful to you.

Greets!