Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Saving Pairing or Standing outcome from WER by text-type format.

Saving Pairing or Standing outcome from WER by text-type format.

March 8, 2013 11:39:31 AM

Inhwan Kim
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Greater China

Hi.

My name is Inhwan Kim, in South Korea. In my future PTQ and WMCQ I need to use pairing and standing of each round for uploading my website. So, I want to take these results to text file or text-type (ansi, utf, etc.). In Korea, most of players has smart phone and using network is very easy, so posting the pairings and standings at online is very helpful for staffs and players in big event.

I used to print out pdf-file and upload it before. But some players can't read pdf well and google docs is too heavy.
If I can get the text-file data, it is most helpful for me because I can make the php files to convert this to very good to see.

I need some idea about this.

Thanks.

March 8, 2013 02:11:13 PM

Inhwan Kim
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Greater China

Originally posted by Ryan Rubley:

Save/Export Event from WER creates a *.wer file that is mostly a valid XML file (no <?xml?> at the top, so who knows what charset it really is, but probably UTF-8)

You can easily make the pairings from the <matches> section for the highest <round number=“”>
You can also calculate match points pretty easily from the same data, but tiebreaker information is not directly given, and you'd have to do all the calculations yourself.

Thanks. Using PHP, make a parser for exported xmls from WER?
It may be work for me.

March 8, 2013 02:40:13 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

I have heard that there are restrictions concerning the use of the (proprietary format) WER and DCIR files.

Please contact your WPN rep to make sure you comply with any & all requirements.