Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Loader of Wizards Event Reporter .wer file data for online publishing of pairings and standings

Loader of Wizards Event Reporter .wer file data for online publishing of pairings and standings

March 19, 2013 03:06:06 AM

Inhwan Kim
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Greater China

Loader of Wizards Event Reporter .wer file data for online publishing of pairings and standings

Hello.
At last posting, I asked that using WER event data cumtomized and for that use, I make the programs(tools? modules?) for my object to publish WER event data easy and fast. It is not perfect and needs to improve but please use it freely for great conveniece of your players and staffs.

This program has no name. Please give some good name.

– Background
After the last posting about using WPN data on online page, I received many messages and ideas from many judges and organizers. I am in front of PTQ friends and WMCQ, and because of very fast growth of Magic in Korea, I forecast near 200 players will be in those event. In Korea, my organizers don't have enough place for event (very expensive and too big to use.), we need to use small space very effectively.

In Korea, many people has mobile IT equipment like smart phone, tablet, etc. And most of people use mobile internet service through their own equipment. Because seeing webpage is very easy, I use PDF printing driver to publish pairings and players use this web page when they find their seat.

But it is very inconvenient and PDF is not good file type for mobile equipment. So I make the php module using .wer to make pairings, results, standing and PODs to .html files. And adding your more effort, you can make your events looks like WotC coverage page of GP, PT, WMC.

It is easy. (Please believe me). Just export .wer file from your event. And use this program to read it. Then program give you links and html files (It is on your website at which this program works). And you use this file or web address of this file (let players know the address). Especailly, the address of aggregate page of all information (It looks like parings, results, standing links of coverage page of WotC!) is not changed, it is helpful just to announce this link when the event start.

– Download Link
http://hyeri0418.cafe24.com/test/Proj WANI.zip

– Prepares for use
1. Web account or http server which can support PHP5
2. WER (for your WPN event!)

– How to use
Sorry that there is no helpful images to learn how to use.

! You need some experience to use htmls and linux(or unix compatible) servers which support.
! If you don't understand this, please find the professionals near you.

1. Download that file.
.zip file and files in that are all uncode (UTF-8). you have to use appropriate editor to edit.
.zip file has three files.
- werpublisher.html - administrator page for organizer to upload .wer file
- upload.php - upload module for this tool.
- xmltool.php - main module for processing .wer file and make .html files.

2. Extract and upload files to the appropriate directory in your web account. (ex>www.mtgevent.com/ptqdgm)

3. Hold your event and export your event data from WER
In event window on-going now, click “Save - Export Event”. And save .wer file. (You may choose any filename that you want.)

4. Connect to "http://yoursite.name.com/installeddirectory/werpublisher.html

5. Click ”Browse“ and choose your file and click ”Submit"

6. If you upload appropriate .wer file, you can see many logs after process.
At this page, you can find the file path of filename.html for pairings, results, standings and aggregate event infopage (has links every round pairing, result, standing.)
Every file saved at same directory of installed directory of this tool.

7. And make you event much more easy and convenience!

– For Developers
Please see the comments in the source codes.

– Caution
Using and editing codes is free but commercial use is prohibited.
Using for your WPN event or shop event is okay but selling this code or the codes based on this code is NOT allowed.

If you have any problem to use or give some ideas, please write JudgeApps forum or message to me. I also test this program FNM and GPTs in this week.

Thanks.

Edited Inhwan Kim (March 19, 2013 03:07:17 AM)

• Index
  • » Judging Technology
  • » Loader of Wizards Event Reporter .wer file data for online publishing of pairings and standings