Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Independent Scorekeeper - issues with reporting software

Independent Scorekeeper - issues with reporting software

April 23, 2013 12:42:55 AM

Trey Cizek
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

I've been doing a lot of scorekeeping work with the local community in recent months, and I was having some issues this past Saturday running a tournament for a different LGS than the one I'm usually working with. I generally bring my laptop to events and do the scorekeeping work on it as opposed to the store's computer for logistical reasons, and when I went to login to the store to get their event set up, no events were listed for the store (although the events were still listed on the store's computer).

The store contacted WotC and they informed me that I would have to register as an independent scorekeeper/TO of some sort so I can continue to do scorekeeping on my personal computer for the events at various stores. However, I've never heard of such a status, nor do I know who I would need to talk to in order to set this up, and I got the feeling that the store employees helping me out weren't really sure what to do either.

If anyone has any insights or can point me in the right direction of who to contact, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

April 23, 2013 01:19:27 AM

Shawn Doherty
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

Only registered organizers for a store can log onto WER to run events for them. If you want to run an event for a store, you need to register as an organizer for them or have a TO for the local store log on to your laptop.

April 23, 2013 01:34:14 AM

Josh Stansfield
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

If you're logging into the store's account and don't see any events, it's because you need to synchronize the event data. I think the Wiki explains how to do that.

April 23, 2013 01:35:44 AM

Jordan Baker
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper

USA - North

Trey -

I work in a similar situation - though I work about 70% of events with the same TO, about 30% of the events I scorekeep are done with local organizers, semi-independently, or with one-off TOs. (these events include GPs, SCG events, PTQs, i.e. the whole gamut)

The thing is, right now, sanctioning numbers are essentially associated with a store, and that store owner (or representative(s)) are the ones that can access that tournament from WER.

Your best route, in all honesty, is to make sure that the TO on-site knows their DCI account information, and to log in with that information (i.e. have them login on your machine) when you run their events.

April 23, 2013 04:12:09 AM

Trey Cizek
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

I was logging in with the store's account/DCI # and password (and most definitely not my own), but it listed a blank page instead of giving me a list of events for that store. I'm guessing it has to do with synchronizing the event information as Josh suggested, which is something I had no clue even needed to be done.

I guess I'll try that the next time there's an issue like this and go from there.

I was able to get the event to work just fine by exporting the event from the store's computer and importing it to mine (while logged in to their account). Not sure what the problem might have been or why that fixed it, but it did.

EDIT: Can anyone point me in the direction of how to do the synchronization?

Edited Trey Cizek (April 23, 2013 04:13:01 AM)

April 23, 2013 05:44:25 AM

Jasper Overman
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper

BeNeLux

There have been a number of issues with WER and how it synchronises between different accounts, and different PCs on the same account. These issues should be solved by now, but if you need to manually make sure your events synchronize (because you have an issue with the updater), simply find the
\\Users\Mercator\AppData\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter\ReporterSettings.xml file. You can either remove the file entirely, or edit it and remove the <setting key=“LastSyncDate” type=“DateTime”>18-4-2013 7:19:42</setting> line.

Obviously, if you know what you are doing, the last option is the best, since all your other settings will be left intact.
After this, the tournaments should synchronise normally between PCs.