Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: Team sealed top 4

Team sealed top 4

Nov. 18, 2017 11:54:15 AM

Olivier Wattel
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

BeNeLux

Team sealed top 4

The wording for team draft is like this: “The main thing about Team Draft is the seating arrangement in the pod. Given two teams (Team A and Team B) each with three players, seating alternates between the teams as you go around the table. No communication, verbal or non-verbal, is allowed between players during the draft.”
However, it doesn't state completely which player sits where.
Is it
A1B1A2
B3A3B2
or is it otherwise (player 2 is captain)? Right now we would go for this
A1B2A3
B1A2B3
Thanks in advance.
Olivier and Floris

Nov. 18, 2017 12:08:08 PM

Niels Viaene
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Tournament Organizer

BeNeLux

Team sealed top 4

Since the A-A, B-B pairings are maintained (I think), seatings should
reflect that. Meaning seating would be
1A - 2B - 1C
2C - 1B - 2A

2017-11-18 12:02 GMT+01:00 Olivier Wattel <

Nov. 18, 2017 02:51:14 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Team sealed top 4

Olivier, what document did you reference? The MTR has instructions for Team Rochester draft, but not the text you quoted.

For Rochester, the seating doesn't alternate:
A1-A2-A3 on one side
B3-B2-B1 on the other, such that A1 & B1 are as far apart as they can sit, same for the 2s and 3s - same principle as a normal, 8-player draft seating.

For team drafts (not Rochester), the seating Niels posted should be correct … but I don't find ‘O’fficial documents regarding that format.

d:^D

P.S. - Olivier and ‘O’ responses only, please.

Edited Scott Marshall (Nov. 18, 2017 02:51:57 PM)

Nov. 18, 2017 08:47:27 PM

Olivier Wattel
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

BeNeLux

Team sealed top 4

The source I used was the first one I found when googling for ‘Team draft’: https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/team-booster-draft. I know this might not have been the best way, but we needed a fast answer to inform the TO and we never did this before. I also realize that I am answering late but we didn't check anymore as the TO moved away from the draft idea to do two sealeds as this came closer to what most players will experience at GP Lyon next week.