Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Global Announcements » Post: Judge exams are available through JudgeApps

Judge exams are available through JudgeApps

Jan. 13, 2018 04:06:59 PM

Louis Fernandes
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

Hello, judge friends!

Judge exams are back! Thanks to the Herculean efforts of a team of nearly FIFTY judges, you can take Rules practice tests, Policy practice tests, and, if you're hoping to certify as Level 1, Level 1 practice and certification exams! Anyone is welcome to take an L1 practice exam, but we require that the judge who is testing you for L1 generates the certification exam for you.

We are working diligently on translations, so that people make take the exams in their preferred language. At this time, we only have Spanish ready for certification exams, but we are close to having several others ready. More to come in the future!

Check out the exams for yourself: https://apps.magicjudges.org/exams

If you find an issue with a question, feel free to click on the tag on the answer key and shoot us a message.

Hundreds of hours of work have gone into this process, from curation of old questions, to generation of new content, to translation into non-English languages, to developing an entire infrastructure capable of supporting these exams. This is truly a remarkable achievement, and is a symbol of what we all love about the Judge program. With some time, elbow grease, and the talents of our fellow Judges, we can come together to build something truly revolutionary. My sincere congratulations to all of the teams involved!

The eagle-eyed among us may have noticed something; L2 and L3 exams are not included in the batch mentioned above. Not to fear! L2 and L3 practice and certification exams are next on the to-do list. There is no set timeline for those projects, but we are aware of the desire to have these tests up and running and are working on making that happen.

Until next time!
- The Judge Exam Content Squad

March 21, 2018 10:17:07 PM

Louis Fernandes
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

Hello! An update:

TL;DR: L2 practice and certification exams are now live on Judge Apps.

Thanks to the hundreds of hours of work by the JudgeApps Exam Content Management team, L2 exams are online! That includes both Practice and Certification exams.

First off, this would not have been remotely possible were it not for the sacrifice of personal time and energy by the following judges:

Nate Hurley
John Temple
Adena Chernosky
Christian Genz
Markus Dietrich
Joe Klopchic
Andrew Villarrubia
Yuval Tzur
Rob McKenzie
James Dowling
David Poon
David Jimenez
Laura Ellis
Sebastian Braune
Ben Lurie
Jonathan Holland
Dan Collins

It says a lot about someone that they would give of their time so freely to help behind the scenes. If you ever have the pleasure of working with one of the above, please take the time to thank them for their contributions.

As always, if you have concerns about a particular question, use the feedback button provided on the exam itself to get ahold of the team. For larger concerns, feel free to contact me off-list or just post here.

Good luck on your L2 exams! We're rooting for you!

July 4, 2018 07:17:35 AM

Alfonso Bueno
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program)), Grand Prix Head Judge, L3 Panel Lead

Iberia

Hello, I have a message from you on behalf of Juan del Compare, leader of the Translations Sphere:

Greetings fellow judges!

It's been some busy months for many of the translators and editors in the Translation Sphere. We've been working hard to have the exams available in local languages as soon as possible. After a hiatus with all the Dominaria changes, we're back on track, and we've reached our first big goal: having enough questions in every language to have AT LEAST content for two completely different exams for L1P and L1. At the moment, we have L1 practice and L1 exams for the following languages:

Chinese simplified
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

We're still working on the L2 practice and L2 exams, but there are functional questions for these exams in:
German
Italian
Spanish
and other languages are very near.

There were many many helping hands in each language, but I'd like to mention the effort of these judges:

Hao Du
Siyang Li
Christian Genz
Raphael Delbarre
Jérémy Ganivet
Pierrick Visentin
Sandro Manfredini
Mitsunori Makino
Carlos Rangon
Ricardo Leite
Arman Gabbasov
Arseniy Egorov
Juan Del Compare
Federico Verdini
Maximiliano de la Fuente

If you want more detail on who helped with the translation and edition of this important tool, please ask me and I'll point you in the right direction. Who knows, maybe some of you find this exemplary or worthy of some praise? ;o)

I'll send another email when we reach the L2 goal.
Thanks to everyone involved for your help!