Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: MTR information for Rochester draft

MTR information for Rochester draft

March 15, 2018 06:21:28 AM

Niels Viaene
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Tournament Organizer

BeNeLux

I am looking for confirmation on the rotations for Rochester draft, something I had expected in the MTR but either it is missing or I missed it.

Answers I am looking for: After the first booster, where I rotated A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-H-G-F-E-D-C-B, does B start with the second booster or H?
And do you rotate all 8 first boosters in the same direction, then switch, or do you alternate?

March 15, 2018 06:42:39 AM

Thomas Ralph
Judge (Level 3 (UK Magic Officials)), Scorekeeper

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Individual Rochester Draft isn't a sanctionable format any more for rated events, which is why it's not in the MTR. In case you need it for a casual event, the answer is that B opens the next booster, then C, and so on to H, then H, G, and back for the second booster. The third booster rotates same as the first.

For picks, each of the first 8 boosters goes clockwise then anticlockwise, the second 8 go anticlockwise then clockwise, and the third 8 go clockwise then anticlockwise.

March 15, 2018 07:15:23 AM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Originally posted by Thomas Ralph:

Individual Rochester Draft isn't a sanctionable format any more for rated events, which is why it's not in the MTR. In case you need it for a casual event, the answer is that B opens the next booster, then C, and so on to H, then H, G, and back for the second booster. The third booster rotates same as the first.

For picks, each of the first 8 boosters goes clockwise then anticlockwise, the second 8 go anticlockwise then clockwise, and the third 8 go clockwise then anticlockwise.

Hi, I assume that the reason for Niels' question stems from the 25th Anniversary Birthday Parties announcement:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-25th-anniversary-birthday-celebrations-2018-03-05

I can imagine that some players would like to train Rochester drafting before actually attending the Birthday party.