Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Errors in documents

Errors in documents

March 19, 2018 12:40:57 AM

Christian Genz
Judge (Level 2 (UK Magic Officials)), Scorekeeper

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Errors in documents

How do we actually make people that need to know aware of errors in official documents?

While working on some translations of L2Practice questions I came across another one that still uses the old template of Tokens entering the battlefield instead of being created which was also wrong in the english original of the question so I looked up the reference in the CR. While CR 110.5b speaks of “creating tokens” CR 110.5 still speaks of putting them onto the battlefield without saying what the difference is.

Edited Christian Genz (March 19, 2018 01:51:35 AM)

March 19, 2018 01:00:45 AM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

Errors in documents

Feedback for the Comprehensive Rules is via the Rules Manager, I would suggest contacting Wizards of the Coast customer support.

Feedback for Exams is done by clicking the Feedback link on the question after the exam has been taken.

March 19, 2018 02:39:41 AM

Callum Milne
Forum Moderator
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

Errors in documents

It may be worth noting for posterity's sake that tokens do still enter the battlefield–the introduction of the “create” wording for token-producing effects didn't bring with it any functional changes. CR110.5a not using that wording doesn't mean it's in error.