Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: How to check tournaments judged by me?

How to check tournaments judged by me?

May 16, 2013 06:38:33 AM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Hi!

From time to time, I would really like to check which tournaments have been reported with me as a judge. This is especially useful when preventing some dishonest organizers from doing their fishy things…

As far as I know, it used to be possible to check the info in the old Personal Information Center. but that's not the case anymore.

Proposal:
Make this info part of the planeswalkerpoints.com website. That way you could even make some PWP achievements for judges… Or offer PW points for judging? :-)

May 16, 2013 12:15:31 PM

Jess Dunks
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southeast

Hi Milan,

Unfortunately, the people who would be able to implement a change like what you are proposing probably don't read this forum. If you have a specific concern about a TO doing something fishy, please bring it up to WotC customer service or to your Regional Coordinator.

May 16, 2013 05:30:51 PM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Hi Jess,

I can't have any concerns, because I can't check it… :-)

I will surely contact WotC, I just thought that some high level judges could push this…

June 12, 2013 06:20:06 PM

William Anderson
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

I imagine if you need this info, you can email andy heckt

June 13, 2013 03:25:39 AM

Jaroslav Karban
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - Central

The old funcionality in the DCI center was really usufull, as we could check once a year if no organizer pretends to have a judge while not having any at GPTs for example. There used to be very suspicious mistakes of the sort here in the ancient past. I don`t think we should steal time from Andy for something as theoretical as this though. Let`s convince Sebastian to suggest it somewhere up :)

June 13, 2013 07:04:58 AM

Jonathan Reasoner
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - South

I also like the idea of being able to look up the tournaments where I've been reported as a judge. Of course Andy could find the information for me, or anyone else, but it seems like there should be an easier way. To whom should we direct suggestions such as this to exactly? It seems like it would be fairly simple to add the functionality into the PWP site, as tournament results are already uploaded there anyway.

June 13, 2013 07:14:39 AM

Milijan Gacanovic
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - East

This functionality was present in the personal information center. Then at one point, the link to tournament list (which you could filter by role, for example TO;Player;Judge…) was removed, and about a year latter the tournament list page was also removed.

I have inquired with customer support why this was the case, and were we can get information about tournaments judged.

They told me that this will be migrated at some point to the PWP site.

Aug. 21, 2013 10:46:09 AM

Diogo Santos
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Iberia

When I read this (see below) in Magic Judge Monthly I thought I would get the link here to know how to check my tournaments. It is definitely a very important tool we lost when moving from the “theDCI” to the PWPs website. It does not make sense to loose such a useful tool.

Tournaments Judged by You
Not sure in which tournaments you have judged? Or maybe you were registered as a judge at a tournament which you didn’t attend? Join this discussion and find out more about these situations.

Aug. 21, 2013 06:15:08 PM

Jeph Foster
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Tournament Organizer

USA - Midatlantic

This has been brought up several times in the past. It just takes a while for some functionalities to be implemented. Good things are in the works. (: