Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Competitive REL » Post: Bronze player participation at PPTQs for PT#1 2019

Bronze player participation at PPTQs for PT#1 2019

July 5, 2018 01:56:16 AM

David Larrea
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper

Iberia

A local player has asked me if he is eligible to play at PPTQs for PT#1 2019. He is Bronze level and currently has less than 10 Professional Points Season. He wants to confirm if he can play any PPTQ for PT#1 2019.

I think the following text at section PRELIMINARY PRO TOUR QUALIFIER ELIGIBILITY from the Premier Event Invitation Policy allows him to play but I would like to confirm it.

Exception: Players that are members of the Pro Tour Players Club may participate in a Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier which awards an invitation to a Regional Pro Tour Qualifier which takes place in a future Professional Season. In this case, only players whose current Professional Points Season point total is currently less that the Bronze level requirement (10 Professional Points) are eligible to participate in a Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier.

July 9, 2018 12:03:04 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

OK, I now have the resource you want, for questions relating to PPTQ participation:
Premierplay@wizards.com

Please, encourage players to contact Wizards, via that e-mail address, BEFORE they play in a PPTQ that just maybe they shouldn't haveā€¦

d:^D