Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Competitive REL » Post: Explaining KCI loops to your opponents

Explaining KCI loops to your opponents

July 9, 2018 11:35:33 AM

Rebecca Lawrence
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

A player in my local community posed an interesting question to me: while play advice notes are clearly forbidden, would a player on KCI having a page written to explain the various KCI loops be permissible if it was simply being shown to the opponent? At that point, I find it hard to call play advice if the KCI player is never using the sheet. Getting the point across and then being able to say “okay, I make infinite mana now, followed by drawing my deck” without having to demonstrate each one laboriously AND repetitively to each new opponent seems like it would be a big time saver for everyone involved.

I'm inclined to permit this at Regular almost certainly, since the environment there is more about education and inclusion - though I could be wrong about that inclination, and would love to hear feedback if so - but I was definitely interested in what the stance at Competitive would be.

Edited Rebecca Lawrence (July 9, 2018 11:43:02 AM)

July 9, 2018 12:50:47 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

There may be some new words appearing in an upcoming version of the MTR; I'm gonna lock this for now, and - if I forget! - remind me after the next MTR is released, so we can revisit this interesting question.

d:^D

Edit/PS: yes, I know a brand-new version of MTR just released; I'm looking further into the future…

Edited Scott Marshall (July 9, 2018 12:52:21 PM)

Oct. 15, 2018 04:14:42 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Nope, this has not changed in any way that affects this: these notes are not of the types that we allow, so players should not do this.

d:^D