Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: WER - Penalties Tab missing

WER - Penalties Tab missing

July 1, 2013 04:50:39 AM

Witold Waczynski
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Europe - Central

Hello!
This weekend we had 2 GPTs run by 2 TO. I've judged both of them, and had the same problem both times (different TOs, different computers, different internet connection). I was entered as the HJ. The penalties tab in WER was missing, not from the start, but from about round 3 when I wanted to add penalties

Does anyone know how to deal with this kind of problem?

July 1, 2013 06:08:43 AM

Peter Richmond
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper

USA - Northwest

Hey there Witold!

As far as I know, this is a recognized bug in the software. From personal experience (along with the experiences of other judges), we find that clicking the “add judges” button results in the penalties tab reappearing, regardless if you added any judges. Perhaps try that and see if that helps next time it occurs.

Anyone else have any extra input/insight into this problem?

July 1, 2013 02:52:34 PM

Jarosław Pokrzywa
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - Central

It seams that the tab dissapears every time when you try to edit any input/field on the “Event” tab. I checked the other tabs, and it seems that they are ok.

So for example if you play 9-16 ppl GPT and you add judges first than you set round number to 5 instead of 4 the tab dissapears, so you dont even know it was there. It happened to us on our GPT too.

I hope this will help.

Regards

July 2, 2013 10:11:22 AM

Niels Viaene
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Tournament Organizer

BeNeLux

I can confirm Peter's post. Switching to the add judges panel in the event tab and closing it causes the penalties to magically reappear.

July 4, 2013 02:39:03 PM

Alvaro Monasterios
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Hispanic America - South

You can also highlight the HJ DCI number in the event tab and then just click on the next tab and the penalties tab will appear