Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Un-official Announcements » Post: US South Judge Conference 2013

US South Judge Conference 2013

July 23, 2013 09:17:42 PM

Mitchell Waldbauer
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

Hello everyone!

We're very pleased to announce the US South Judge Conference for 2013! This will be a one day conference not linked to any other Magic event taking place at Madness Games and Comics in Plano, TX, September 14th, 2013.

Venue
We are kindly being hosted by Chris Mettler at Madness Games and Comics. The venue address:

3000 Custer Road #150, Plano, TX

The Plan

The schedule for the conference is still to be confirmed, but we are looking at 10am – 6pm with a lunch break. The entire time will include 5-6 seminars and a few team building activities.

How You Can Help

If you are interested in giving a seminar or have a topic suggestion, please send Nate Hurley a message (natech@gmail.com) with the details. If you need help coming up with an idea, creating materials for it, or planning anything for seminars please feel free to drop me a line!

Mitchell will also be organizing the social activities around the conference, including arranging an optional judge dinner for Saturday night. If you have any suggestions or are interested in helping out with this side of things, let me know!

Testing

Limited judge testing will be available. Keep in mind that testing is a process that requires a lot of preparation. Please let us help you by notifying us as soon as possible that you are interested. Please contact Nate Hurley for L1 and L2testing.

Judge Foils

Several very important notes about judge foils for this conference:

1. You must sign up for the conference at least 4 weeks ahead of time. You must sign up through Judge Apps (http://apps.magicjudges.org/events/73/). If you are not signed up on time you will NOT receive any judge foils.

2. Judge foils are given to active participants at the conference.

3. Those who dedicate their time by presenting seminars will be given a little extra.

4. Non-certified judges may attend the conference, however, judge rewards are reserved for certified judges. Subject to availability, judges that attend the conference and become certified fairly soon afterwards may receive some foils.

Other details

All attendees must register through Judge Apps http://apps.magicjudges.org/events/73/). This allows us to plan more accurately and make a better conference experience for everyone!

Bring EDH/Commander decks and any other games that you think would be fun with a group - there will definitely be time for gaming. I will have a selection of board games available for judges to use.

There is no attendance charge. But please bring funds to cover meals and snacks that are not covered.

This event will be updated with further details as we approach the event. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me at mwaldbauer@gmail.com

See you there!

July 25, 2013 10:00:29 AM

Levi Ritchie
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

To give you a heads up on a couple of things:

1. The link to the event page is currently broken because it includes the end parenthesis and period.

2. The event page itself says “Texas Judge Conference 2012” and is not currently letting me sign up (might be intentional right now and I just misread this post)

July 25, 2013 12:56:47 PM

Maykel .
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Southeast Asia

http://apps.magicjudges.org/events/520/

I believe this is the correct link to the event

Regards,

Maykel

Edited Maykel . (July 25, 2013 01:04:55 PM)