Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Un-official Announcements » Post: Disqualification Reports Moved to WPN.Wizards.com

Disqualification Reports Moved to WPN.Wizards.com

Sept. 5, 2019 08:37:34 AM

Lars Harald Nordli
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Europe - North

I haven't seen anything about this so I figured I would share it with the community. If this information already have been posted anywhere else I apologize.

The following is copy-pasted from the Wizards Play Network-site. You can read the original article by clicking this link: https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/disqualification-reports-moved-wpnwizardscom

————————————————————-
Going forward, tournament organizers will report player disqualifications through the Wizards Play Network website. Here’s how to disqualify a player and report it to Wizards.

1. Disqualify the player in WER.
Before filing a report, you’ll want to disqualify the player in Wizards Event Reporter.

This process remains as it was. You can disqualify players using the WER just as you have in the past.

Go to the “penalties” tab within the event in WER.
Click on the “new” button. The Penalty Entry pop-up will appear.
Select the player you need to DQ and what round to DQ them in.
Fill out the drop downs
Click save
Click “yes” to drop player (if the player has left or been removed from the event)
It’s easiest to disqualify a player prior to event submission. You can disqualify the player after submitting the event, but you’ll have to reopen the event to do so.

2. Submit a report on WPN.Wizards.com.
Next, file a report on WPN.Wizards.com.

Go to WPN.Wizards.com and scroll down to “Contact Us.”
Choose “click here to email us” and log into your Organized Play Account.
Choose “Email Us” and select “Disqualification Form.”
Fill in all the information listed on the form (including player statements).
Choose “Submit.”
(You can also bookmark this link to go straight to the Disqualification Form for future disqualifications.)

Now the player has been officially disqualified and the report officially filed.

Before we get to the last step, a quick note on player statements.

Ask for a statement from the player at the time of the disqualification. That way, you’ll have it when filling out the report. If players don’t give a statement, encourage them to email one to Investigations@Wizards.com as soon as possible.

3. Print out disqualification FAQ sheets
Finally, give the disqualified player a copy of the Disqualification FAQ. You’ll find this sheet under Resources -> Rules and Documents.

Print and distribute it to disqualified players to help answer any questions about their status.

The easiest way to handle disqualifications is to both disqualify in the WER and file the report as quickly as possible. If you don’t file the report, our Investigations team will follow up with you.

If you have any questions about the new disqualification reporting process, contact your local support team.
————————————————————-

Sept. 5, 2019 09:41:24 AM

Johanna Virtanen
Judge (Level 3 (Magic Judges Finland)), L3 Panel Lead

Europe - North

Hi! It's your friendly local Player Investigations Lead!

I am a little surprised to see this article published already (I thought it was coming later) but I'd like to take this opportunity to clarify a couple of things.

1. If you have recently submitted a DQ report via Judgeapps and the Google form, you do not need to resubmit through the new system. The Google form is still available and we'll make sure everything gets processed. I expect that it will be shut down by Oct 1 but will let you know if that changes.

2. I will be helping the Wizards of the Coast Investigations team review the cases, as a contractor.

3. Why is this information targeted at Tournament Organizers first and not judges? Well, it is now the Tournament Organizer's responsibility to make sure Disqualifications are properly reported. It is, however, still the Head Judge who makes the decision to disqualify. Tournament Organizers can delegate the DQ reporting to the judge and I expect that most TOs will do exactly that.

4. We hope that processing DQs will now happen a little bit faster than under the old system, since we aren't tied to a month-by-month system which was a necessity with the old committee.

5. The old Player Investigations Committee is still working this month on the August cases. They are awesome folks who care a lot about their work, and I am super proud to have worked with them. Traditionally we haven't published their names (to let them work in peace without getting pestered by players), but they know who they are, past and present. If you know a current/former PIC member, give them a hug!

MOD EDIT: Follow up posts moved to Tournament Operations for further discussion. You can also direct further follow up questions directly to the WPN or to Johanna Virtanen, who is free to update this thread with further information as it becomes available. However, the un-official announcements forum is not for extended discussion. – Dan Collins 2019-09-05

Edited Dan Collins (Sept. 5, 2019 11:52:01 AM)

Sept. 11, 2019 11:07:32 AM

Johanna Virtanen
Judge (Level 3 (Magic Judges Finland)), L3 Panel Lead

Europe - North

It was reported to me that the DQ form would not accept any input in the “e-mail” field(s). This issue should be fixed now.