Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Any plans to fix the "2010" issue in Judge Center?

Any plans to fix the "2010" issue in Judge Center?

Sept. 12, 2013 01:37:18 PM

Sean Stackhouse
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

I mean, it functions well enough to be usable, but it seems extremely inefficient. I don't want to think about how hard it must be for people to go through and pick out DQ reports or Reviews since they're all stamped 2010. It's a very minor detail and one we've all been able to live with, but attention to detail being what it is… Shouldn't it still be fixed?

Obviously, I'm not a programmer. I don't know -how- to change things on the site, but I have to imagine it's not that complicated >_>

Sept. 12, 2013 01:42:00 PM

Shawn Doherty
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

I understand the frustration with the 2010 bug, but I'm not sure the purpose of your post. It's something that is known as a bug. It has been that way for a while. If it was easy to do, it would have been done by now.

To answer your actual question: Yes, it should be fixed.
(Not sure how that answer helps anyone though)

Sept. 12, 2013 01:45:31 PM

Sean Stackhouse
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

basically spur of the moment - I was reading the forum, thought about the judge center, figured this was the forum best suited for the question.

Sept. 12, 2013 06:29:35 PM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

One thing to note, even though you cannot select a year greater than 2010, the save/entry date is time stamped the correct date and year, so it is still possible and quite easy to filter on those dates.