Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: WER on Linux

WER on Linux

Jan. 20, 2016 08:11:02 PM

David Poon
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Canada

WER on Linux

Wow, thank you so much for this! I've been visiting the Codeweavers site probably annually hoping for a CrossTie—so far it seems to be working great (well, great as WER could ever be). Much appreciation for this.

Jan. 20, 2016 09:02:31 PM

Charles-Henri Turpin
Judge (Uncertified)

France

WER on Linux

You mister are my new hero =) Thanks a LOT !

Jan. 20, 2016 09:07:46 PM

Gordon Lugauer
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

USA - North

WER on Linux

One additional bug that I thought had gone away, but which I saw again on Prerelease weekend:

Sometimes, for no reason I can ascertain, WER will take all input from the number row (I didn't have a keypad on the machine in question) as if the shift key is pressed. i.e. % instead of 5. Pressing shift or caps lock does not change this, and the keyboard responds correctly in other programs. The only solution I have found is to completely close WER - all windows, including the timer - and restart.

Happens infrequently, but is annoying when it does.

Jan. 2, 2017 08:07:20 PM

Gordon Lugauer
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

USA - North

WER on Linux

Update on the WER on Mac/Linux via Crossover.

tl;dr: it no longer works.

I've been beta testing the new WER for the purposes of adapting the Crossover emulation. Using the newest Crossover (v.16), the WER beta will install and run. However, it will not sanction events, making it not-viable for a complete replacement. I will not publish the installer until I can resolve this problem. I've contacted WOTC support via the beta program, but no guidance is forthcoming as of yet (which is fine- they don't support this for a reason).

Until then, if you want the unpublished installer and are running Crossover 16, just drop me a line and I'll send it to you.