Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: Pre-Release 2HG Functions

Pre-Release 2HG Functions

Sept. 24, 2012 11:12:22 AM

Steven Briggs
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

Good evening! I have received mixed feedback from tournament organizers with respect to Pre-Release 2HG operations. I am very clear that each player will be receiving a faction pack. The confusion exists in whether each player is limited to their specific pack to build their deck, or whether the team may pool its collective twelve packs to construct their two decks. Clarification on this would be appreciated.

Note: If my input matters on the outcome of this question, I am greatly in favor of allowing a combined 12 packs, notably because it is consistent with policy and from a policing standpoint is much, much easier to adjudicate than making sure players, who already have lots of cards, are really only using “their” faction pack.

Cheers!

Steven Briggs
L3, Michigan
US- Midwest Regional Coordinator

Sept. 26, 2012 09:04:24 AM

Josh Stansfield
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

The post from Helene on DCIJUDGE today linked to an FAQ which explained that 2HG teams may indeed exchange cards in their 12-pack card pool if they wish.

Two-Headed Giant, or 2HG, is a fun addition to any Prerelease. For the Return to Ravnica Prerelease you may run 2HG as normal with one change: each member of a 2HG team receives a Guild Prerelease Pack with which to build their deck. The players may combine their card pools as usual, and the players can select different guilds (it's okay if they're not playing the same one!). If you have more questions about 2HG, make sure to read this important document.