Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Un-official Announcements » Post: INVESTIGATIONS - 3 things

INVESTIGATIONS - 3 things

Oct. 25, 2015 06:39:31 PM

Eric Shukan
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

INVESTIGATIONS - 3 things

Hi, judges. I would like to remind/inform you of three recurring ideas regarding Investigations:

1. When you DQ a player, please offer to the player to write a statement. If they do write a statement, please include it in the DCIX (judge center) report. If they do not write a statement, please indicate in YOUR statement that you offered and they declined. You should probably give them the Player's DQ FAQ and YOU might want to look at the judge's DQ FAQ. These documents are located here: http://blogs.magicjudges.org/o/disqualification-process/

2. If you use any information from witness or opponents, please get those people to write a statement (can be short) and include the statement(s) in the DCIX report.

3. Please verify your email address on both the WIzards' website profile and on MagicJudges. I'm getting several bounced emails from (probably) no-longer-existent email addresses. Well, this isn't strictly an Investigations thing, just good habits, but I do need to contact you guys frequently, so positive email addresses are good things :)

Thanks!

Eric Shukan
Player Investigations Leader