Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Un-official Announcements » Post: Staff Lists blog & Judge Pics - 2nd semester 2012

Staff Lists blog & Judge Pics - 2nd semester 2012

Dec. 18, 2012 02:53:43 PM

David de la Iglesia
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - East

Staff Lists blog & Judge Pics - 2nd semester 2012

Hola everyone!

as many of you already know we have been working for some time on making sure every judge participating in a Grand Prix has a picture on the Judge Center wearing the official uniform, and while we're at it we also have been taking pictures of every GP's staff, so we all can have them as nice memories from the event.

Today I'd like to thank all of those judges who helped with this project during the second semester of 2012:

GP Sao Paolo - Pablo Saavedra
GP Ghent - Sophie Pagès
GP Columbus - Aaron LaCluyze / James Elliott
GP Shanghai - Zhaoben Xu
GP Boston - Rick Salamin
GP Moscow - George Trichopoulos
GP Costa Rica - Jorge Peñailillo
GP San Jose - Alex Jacques
GP Philadelphia - Dimah Eroshkin
GP Lyon - Vuk Gavrilovic
GP Auckland - Gareth Pye
GP Chicago - Alex Jacques
GP Charleston - Rick Salamin
GP Bochum - Antonio Jose Rodríguez
GP Taipei - ShingNien Fong
GP San Antonio - Emmanuel Leal
GP Lisbon - Andrzej Cwalina
GP Toronto - Rob Johnson
GP Nagoya - Naoaki Umesaki

Most of you have a profile picture on Judge Center already, but there is still a lot of judges who have not uploaded one to JudgeApps. I'd like to encourage all of you to upload one, here you can find info on how to do it:

blogs.magicjudges.org/judgeapps/your-profile-and-settings/profile-photos

If you are planning on judging at a Grand Prix, and are interested in helping out with this project please contact me off-list at ofthechurch@gmail.com

I'd also like to thank some others for their valuable contributions:

= Richard Kelterbaum (L1, France) =
He regularly plays at European GPs, and has been taking extra efforts to document the event and how judges work.
GP Ghent '12 - tinyurl.com/GPGhent
GP Lyon '12 - tinyurl.com/GPLyon
GP Bochum '12 - tinyurl.com/GPBochum

= Rob Johnson (L2, Canada) =
Rob has been providing countless profile pics for judges all across the US. On top of that he often finds time to take pictures of judges at events as well!
GP Toronto - tinyurl.com/GPToronto

It is also remarkable his work as coverage photographer at some StarCityGames.com Opens. There are many pictures on the Facebook StarCityGames.com page, but I'd like to highlight my favorite from last weekend's SCG Invitational in Los Angeles:

tinyurl.com/blameToby

Who said judges do not have fun? :D

= Alessandra Farina (Italy) =
Not only she is incredibly talented as a photographer, she also loves Magic, and is a great friend for the judge program. She puts a lot of work and effort in providing amazing pictures of judges and players at events. The quality of her pictures speaks loud and clear for Alessandra, so I will simply give you the link to her page on Facebook, so you can enjoy her work:
www.facebook.com/magiccoverage

We also have been working on the Premier Event Staff Lists blog. It is now updated with all of 2012's premier events, and you can find it here:

blogs.magicjudges.org/stafflists/

On this blog you can find all the names and pictures of the judges who attended these events, plus the staff pictures that have been so popular on Facebook all through the year. Comments are enabled for every blog post, so feel free to use them!

I'd like to thank here Kenny Koornneef (L2, Netherlands) for his help in setting up and updating the content of this blog. Without him there simply would be no Staff Lists blog. His is all the design, and he has put many hours in getting everything to look perfect.

Also many thanks to James Bennett (L3, KS-USA) for his help in putting together all the staff lists from past events, making everything much easier for everyone involved in this project.

Thanks for reading!