Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: OGW/BFZ 2HG Boosterdraft booster mix

OGW/BFZ 2HG Boosterdraft booster mix

Jan. 12, 2016 01:33:13 PM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Hello,

MTR recommends the following mix of boosters:

For the Battle for Zendikar block, the recommended booster mix for Limited tournaments is (effective January 22, 2016 through April 7, 2016):
• Individual Sealed Deck – 4 Oath of the Gatewatch, 2 Battle for Zendikar (per player)
• Individual Booster Draft or Team Rochester Draft – 2 Oath of the Gatewatch, 1 Battle for Zendikar (per player, in that order)
• Three-Person Team Sealed – 8 Oath of the Gatewatch, 4 Battle for Zendikar (per team)
• Two-Headed Giant Sealed Deck – 6 Oath of the Gatewatch, 2 Battle for Zendikar (per team)
• Two-Headed Giant Booster Draft – 2 Oath of the Gatewatch, 4 Battle for Zendikar (per team, in that order)

Does anyone have any idea why is it not 4 OGW + 2 BFZ for this format (doubling the mix for individual booster drafts as usual)? If I understand it correctly, the change in the usual mix for individual booster drafts is caused by the appearance of <> mana. OGW is a small set so if it was not needed, the mix would have been 1 OGW + 2 BFZ. But it is not necessary to change the mix for 2HG drafts? I would appreciate any insight on this as we will be running one on the Release Friday.

Thanks,

Milan Majercik

Jan. 12, 2016 02:58:53 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Southwest

I just received confirmation that the product mix for Two-Headed Giant Booster Draft is incorrect, and will be fixed ASAP.

(I didn't get confirmation on this, but I'm fairly sure it should be 4 OGW + 2 BFZ, as you'd expect.)

d:^D

Jan. 12, 2016 03:19:59 PM

Jacob Kriner
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

USA - Northeast

It might be an issue with the version of MTR being viewed. The version linked below is showing properly.

http://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/files/attachements/mtg_mtr_15oct02_en.pdf

Jan. 12, 2016 05:23:12 PM

Matt Marheine
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

It's possible a stealth update was made to the PDF as linked by Jacob. The Judge Core app does match the wording Milan quoted, however.

Jan. 12, 2016 05:40:52 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Southwest

Originally posted by Jacob Kriner:

The version linked below is showing properly.
Scott Marshall
and will be fixed ASAP.
Apparently, ASAP is (sometimes) “exceedingly quick”. :D