Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Project Recruitment & Help Wanted » Post: Judge Candidate Information Leaflet & booklet Gang

Judge Candidate Information Leaflet & booklet Gang

Jan. 26, 2016 06:11:54 AM

Victor Truong
Judge (Uncertified), Tournament Organizer

BeNeLux

Hello,

We are currently working on a trifold leaflet & booklet to distribute digitally and make printable to hand out at events or judge booths.
Here are some sample :

English Leaflet
French Leaflet
Spanish Leaflet

I'm looking for translator for our project if you think you got the skills to translate, think our project is worth it and that you can help us, mp me!

Serbian, Balkan, polish, french, spanish, german languages are currently being translated.

Jan. 26, 2016 10:26:31 AM

Victor Truong
Judge (Uncertified), Tournament Organizer

BeNeLux

Thank you Aruna Prem for joing us for the IT leaflet and
Yuval Tzur ISR leaflet!

Jan. 27, 2016 07:06:21 PM

José Moreira
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

Iberia

I'm in for portuguese :)

Jan. 27, 2016 11:00:18 PM

Paulo Azevedo
Judge (Uncertified)

Iberia

My 2cents as a L1 judge as of today, although I'm likely late on it. First of all, the leaftlet looks great and much needed!
Secondly, my training was:
5% reading;
10% doing practice exames;
85% listening to Judgecast.

I would deem Judgecast worth as a resource not only to maintain knowledge but to acquire it as well, given the site even has a “become a judge” section with the podcasts most directed towards L0s.
But really, most of all, it's just 10x easier (speaking for myself) to be learning by listening to 3 L3s just being entertaining and mega informative than reading the Comp Rules or the JAR. (Sadly I couldn't find the MTR covered there yet..!)

Also, I've found this Website: http://chat.magicjudges.org/mtgrules/, to be the fastest way to clarify rules questions, fast enough to clarify in the middle of a tournament. Could make sense to include?

Edited Paulo Azevedo (Jan. 27, 2016 11:04:30 PM)