Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Recurring Publications & Blog Posts » Post: EDBlog - A grab bag of my thoughts and experiences inside the Judge Program

EDBlog - A grab bag of my thoughts and experiences inside the Judge Program

March 30, 2016 04:07:01 PM

Eric Dustin Brown
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy))

USA - Midatlantic

Hi friendos! A quick bit about me: I m a Level 2 Judge in Richmond, VA. I've been at it on and off since November 2004 and I advanced to 2 in March 2013. In addition to working a slew of GPs and Opens I am also a manager One Eyed Jacques - an LGS here in RVA. Things in the program I'm passionate about are feedback, customer service, and community building – these will likely be recurring topics somewhere down the line.

Earlier this year while we were snowed in my roommates encouraged me to start a blog. I've been at it for awhile now and I've started to feel better about my writing and the ideas so I'd like to share it more.

It can be found here: http://edbmtg.blogspot.com/

I most recently wrote about how the stores in Richmond work together. We operate as a group of colleagues instead of competitor. I talk about how this affects our PPTQ scheduling, and how other judges can apply those concepts and practices to their areas.

-edb

May 25, 2016 04:19:37 PM

Eric Dustin Brown

USA - Midatlantic

After an unintentional lengthy hiatus from writing, yesterday I was encouraged to post about my Saturday experience at Grand Prix Charlotte.

Edited Eric Dustin Brown (May 25, 2016 04:19:48 PM)

Sept. 11, 2016 02:03:13 PM

Eric Dustin Brown

USA - Midatlantic

http://edbmtg.blogspot.com/2016/09/embracing-accountability.html

An infrequent update (hoping to update more frequently) talking about different strategies to make accountability less scary. Also touches on my transition to L3.