Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Emails through DCIX

Emails through DCIX

Jan. 24, 2013 04:56:03 AM

Eric Shukan
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

Emails through DCIX

Hi. About 3 weeks ago, near as I can tell, my emails through JC have all failed. I did some test runs over the last week to confirm this, and I was unable to send a message to anyone but myself.

Everything looks fine from my end when I send it - I get the “sent” indication on the screen and I get a confirmation email saying that the message was delivered. But, no message is delivered to any target except me.

Anyone else having this problem?

Eric Shukan
Woburn, MA

Jan. 24, 2013 05:03:40 AM

Leonardo Martins
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Brazil

Emails through DCIX

Now that you have mentioned it, I haven't received a notification email when I got my interview review for L2 up on the JC, and that was back on last September.

I though at the time that I had just deleted the email without noticing, but perhaps it wasn't the case.

Originally posted by Eric Shukan:

Hi. About 3 weeks ago, near as I can tell, my emails through JC have all failed. I did some test runs over the last week to confirm this, and I was unable to send a message to anyone but myself.

Everything looks fine from my end when I send it - I get the “sent” indication on the screen and I get a confirmation email saying that the message was delivered. But, no message is delivered to any target except me.

Anyone else having this problem?

Eric Shukan
Woburn, MA

Jan. 24, 2013 05:41:58 AM

Kim Warren
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Emails through DCIX

This could be a similar issue to the one mentioned in this thread: http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/2559/

It is interesting to have a bit more of a time scale and indication of the scope of the problem, though.

Jan. 24, 2013 05:48:57 AM

James Do Hung Lee
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame, Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

USA - Northwest

Emails through DCIX

I can't tell if anyone trying to mail me through the Judge Center might have failed and given up thinking I was ignoring them. However, three weeks ago, I did receive a message from a candidate looking for a testing opportunity, so for me at least, things seemed to have been working up through the first week of January.

Jan. 24, 2013 07:31:57 AM

Jason Aron
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

USA - Central

Emails through DCIX

I can confirm. I recently sent a message to a local judge. I received a confirmation email that the message was sent, however the recipient did not receive the message when I asked if he received it.

Jan. 24, 2013 07:42:06 AM

Brian Schenck
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Emails through DCIX

Thanks for the notification: It is possible that some aspect of the “person to person” email is now broken, and can't access the email addresses on file for people in the Judge Center. It's also possible there is still issues with keeping email addresses up to date, but if people have ensured that email addresses are fine, then it is probably another Judge Center issue. (Edit: I've not noticed anything about notifications for feedback and content management, and receive the typical amount I've come to expect each day, but that may be handled differently and there's simply no outage there.)

I have contacted Andy directly regarding this, especially given your situation Eric, and he might be able to help you directly about running investigations. For everyone else, it looks like using Magic Judge Apps to send email is about the only thing to do in the meantime.

Edited Brian Schenck (Jan. 24, 2013 07:44:05 AM)

Jan. 29, 2013 08:35:58 PM

Jacob Faturechi
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

Emails through DCIX

So, what is the status on this? No more emails through DCIX?

Jan. 29, 2013 08:51:41 PM

Brian Schenck
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Emails through DCIX

The exact issue with email via the Judge Center and who is affected by it is proving illusive. So, it would be best to use Judge Apps for email, at least for the time being. I've put up a link to this site under “Feedback” to direct people here, but that obviously is a poor guarantee of anything. :(