Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: GPT without L1 judge

GPT without L1 judge

May 14, 2016 03:54:05 PM

Dmitry Zelyanin
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Russia and Russian-speaking countries

GPT without L1 judge

I have some rumors about the event (GPT) which have taken place at my area without certified L1 judge present at the venue. I know that it is a requirement for GPT, so could you please let me know what should be done if my suspicions are confirmed? Are the results of the tournament, such as bye for GP, nullified?

May 14, 2016 03:57:51 PM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

GPT without L1 judge

You should send this information to investigations@wizards.com as they are
the only people who can take any action based off of this. You may also
want to talk to your regional coordinator.
On May 14, 2016 4:55 PM, “Dmitry Zelyanin” <

May 14, 2016 04:40:51 PM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

GPT without L1 judge

What Dan has suggested.

I think there are several possibilites:

1) There was no certified judge present, the TO is ignorant, does not know about the requirement and did not mention any judge in the event in WER. The event will be invalidated automatically and the winner will receive no byes.

2) There was no certified judge present, the TO is dishonest and tried to cheat the requirement. The TO knows a DCI of a certified judge from the past and did enter it in WER. Judges have no tool how to see their judging history so we need to forward the suspicion towards WPN/WotC and they will - hopefully - investigate, contact the judge who is enlisted and find out the truth. The event will be invalidated, the winner will receive no byes and the TO's WPN membership will be - hopefully but unlikely - cancelled.

3) There was a certified judge in the event and you merely do not have enough info (not probable).

May 15, 2016 03:24:10 AM

Dmitry Zelyanin
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Russia and Russian-speaking countries

GPT without L1 judge

Thanks everyone! Indeed, I was not fully informed and everything had been fine. It was just the fact that many players mentioned L1 candidate work during the tournament and nothing was said about HJ L1.