Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Runtime Error when submitting an Interview Review on DCIX (judge.wizards.com) site

Runtime Error when submitting an Interview Review on DCIX (judge.wizards.com) site

Feb. 3, 2013 03:04:12 PM

Joe Bono
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northwest

Runtime Error when submitting an Interview Review on DCIX (judge.wizards.com) site

I'm encountering an error when I try to submit an Interview Review on the DCIX site. Is anyone else experiencing the error described below? Any suggestions on how to fix it or whom to contact to get it fixed? It appears that the reviews I am submitting are going through - they appear in my list of reviews, but I shouldn't be receiving a server error when I try to submit.

Error description:
When submitting a review I get the following error message:
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
——————————————————————————–

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode=“Off”/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the “defaultRedirect” attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!– Web.Config Configuration File –>

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode=“RemoteOnly” defaultRedirect=“mycustompage.htm”/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I have reproduced this error in Internet Explorer and in Firefox. This error has been reproduced multiple times, starting from scratch in generating the review. I have only tried creating a review for one specific candidate so far.

Repro steps:
  • Click on the Reviews link
  • Click Create
  • Choose Interview and enter the appropriate exam number and score
  • Fill out Review form
  • Click Preview
  • Click Submit on review page
Result: Server error message
Expected: Review successfully submitted page

Feb. 3, 2013 03:30:13 PM

Kim Warren
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Up until recently, there has been a bug when you attempt to enter an interview review where you are directed to an error message page, even though the review has successfully gone through. This has been a known issue for a while.

This looks like it could be the result of someone trying to so something about that… Or just a new evolution of it.

I suspect that the answer here is going to stay ‘there is nothing that we can actually do about it right now; just check that the review has actually gone in.’

Feb. 3, 2013 06:13:47 PM

Brian Schenck
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Kim is precisely right; this is either a new evolution of the same bug, or simply a different “error” that happens in its place. With the database disconnect between the Judge Center and the actual PIN database, the most you can do is verify that there is a review in “Reviews” ==> “Select”. As has been the case the last year, all reviews are processed manually at this point; so long as there is a review for the candidate, everything is “fine.”

See the following thread for all currently known issues…

http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/1766/