Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Knowledge Pool Scenarios » Post: Why did it have to be snakes? - SILVER

Why did it have to be snakes? - SILVER

Jan. 24, 2017 07:25:56 AM

Harm Tacoma
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

BeNeLux

Why did it have to be snakes? - SILVER

Originally posted by Bryan Prillaman:

> However, while seeing your 2 mainboard snakes and 1 sideboard snake in your opening hand will probably be a really rare scenario, the scenario where a player will see a clear sideboard card in opening hand while also having boarded in an extra copy of a mainboard card will be a way more common scenario and if I understand correctly the downgrade cannot be applied in that scenario.

@harm: ‘the 2 mainboard snakes and 1 sideboard snakes in your opening hand’ is the only scenario I was talking about because it was the scenario presented in the KP scenario, and people were discussing that the penalty of GL was seemed too harsh in that instance and a philosophical change from the previous revisions of the IPG.

I wasn't saying that discovering instances mid game was going to be rare, although in reality, even those definitely aren't common.
I was actually trying to make clear that the 3 snakes in opening hand scenario is not the only opening hand scenario where the downgrade cannot be applied currently and that the other opening hand scenario is more likely. The scenario where unique sideboard card x is in the opening hand and non-unique sideboard card y is also somewhere in the mainboard for the game.