Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: No longer a Judge according to judge.wizards.com

No longer a Judge according to judge.wizards.com

March 11, 2013 10:04:02 AM

Philip Ockelmann
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

German-speaking countries

So, I have a seemingly very major problem…

I just got an Email from the DCI auto emailer informing me that my DCI judge membership expired. Following this through, I went to the Judge Center and, to my great confusion, it really said I'd be L0. I'm rarely in the Judge Center, basically only if need to - which I did not since my L2 Test, after I entered my review.

Startled, I went to the judgewiki to see if there was some maintenance requirement that I completely missed or had been told off and forgot….but, according to the Wiki, I am only required to Judge one event within 6 months, one competetive event in 12 months and judge in two different locations over the course of a year - as well as maintaining my qualifications proven in my L2 exam and interview.

Well, I pretty safely can say I fulfilled these requirement without flaw - since my L2 Exam not even a year ago I judged a GP, two days at a three-day competetive event in between years as well as pre-releases and GPTs.

Is this a known problem? What is the correct adress to go to with this problem?

I have not tested whether or not I can still create L1 exams and the likes, but I highly doubt I could - which would cause a rather imminent problem, since I have two L0's in my area which plan to take their L1 Exam within the next month.

Greetings, a confused
Philip Körte

March 11, 2013 10:30:41 AM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Passing this on to the people who can help - and, closing the thread.

March 11, 2013 11:34:14 AM

Andrew Heckt
Judge (Uncertified)

Italy and Malta

There was a bug with updating judge memberships for activity. It was believed resolved in mid-February. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am passing your particular case to the development team to help research what is wrong. This will delay your update back to L2 by a week or so while they investigate. If this has not been resolved by March 20th, please email your RC.
Thanks you

March 12, 2013 06:46:18 AM

Michael Wiese
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

German-speaking countries

This particular case is already solved. I didnt know Philip asked here for help, when he asked me yesterday. WotC Germany and myself as his RC already solved it. He is back on L2 now.